BMW K1200S v. Suzuki H'Busa (Power Up)

Skak

Registered
Just right click this link and save locally.  I scanned it in as PDF so you'll need a PDF viewer at least to read it.

PDF Link

Enjoy!

I don't care for the K1200S, however I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those K1200R's. That thing is just sexy, it seems to be a competitor for the future Boost King. I mean just love the look of it, power isn't too shabby either.

There was another magazine that tested the K1200S against the slowest hayabusa I have ever seen a magazine test, they only managed a 10.50 at like 130 mph and 178mph topend...out of the busa..wtf Soa ll of the bmw fanatics think they have a fighting chance with it and all think they own hayabusa killers.

if its any help i got a k1200 lt and at low speeds that twitches alot and can be alittle nerv racking specialy when ya wife has broken tib and fib and i always has her riding with me on any bike.the busa she is very scared of,but i've since parked her up in garage,i havnt been onit for about 7 months now,but we are loving the comfort and mileage we can do on the bmw.im not a rich bloke so i can only insure 1 bike at only 1 time.
since my last pics of the busa i have done alot more to custom itand we will get back out onit sometime.
wink.gif

hmmmm.... 'busa killer... right - more like bmw-rider killer...

1) The ABS has issues - BMW is using a power brake setup on the K1200S that pulls too much juice if the ABS kicks in - if you grab a handfull going into a curve, it may just give up and not be there when you pull a second time - been a couple of severe accidents over here because of this - it looks like BMW wasn't really thinking "sport bike" when they designed this one, but "old fart tourer"

2) The electronic suspension just doesn't work - at least not when they started selling them last year - may be fixed now

3) there is some problem with the cams - I think they are breaking if you beat on the bike too much - [see design notes in 1)]

Yep, it's a 'busa killer all right. Just imagine if some Beemer driver is coming at you from the other direction in a curve, and his camshaft breaks while he is furiously stabbing at his non-existent front brakes that he lost because his electronic suspension flipped out causing him to miss his setup. Yeah, lots of potential 'busa death there...

I am sure the BMW is a great machine. They make good bikes. However at 60% more $, it's not worth it TO ME.

I think that the writer was right when he mentioned that the BMW is going to attract generally a different buyer than the busa.

It sounds to me like its a great bike, but still not as strong as our bikes.

Bottom line is a good rider on MANY different bikes can outride an average rider on a busa.

I still wouldn't trade mine for anything!!
biggrin.gif

Yep, it's a 'busa killer all right. Just imagine if some Beemer driver is coming at you from the other direction in a curve, and his camshaft breaks while he is furiously stabbing at his non-existent front brakes that he lost because his electronic suspension flipped out causing him to miss his setup. Yeah, lots of potential 'busa death there...
Now would'nt that be something

geez. I'm just full of rants today. Must be the weather. I suppose I'm just pissy because BMW seems to own all the bike mags over here. I'm surprised I haven't seen an article eloquently and rapturously declaiming "the new 2005 C1 - Obviously better than the R1: it's 15 letters earlier in the alphabet" or "The 2005 K 1200 R - Clear winner over the Hayabusa - Just look at that squinty headlight"

Bah.

is it me ..or does the K1200 ...loook suspiciously like a Zx12 ? .. bodywork wize .. that is ..?
< washin eyes >
rock.gif

K1200S is a very goodlooking bike!!!

....but all said and done, at the end of the day its still german technology!!! And german technology sucks...
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

Back