Blue gauges

BIGSMOOTHH

Donating Member
Registered
Unfortunately I missed out on the group buy last year for blue gauges. Any chance we're gonna get another one any time soon?
My bikes apart and I want to do some upgrading. Speaking of which...sprockets and chain...I want to go down one in the front....whats the best sprockets and chain I can get and whos got em?

Thanks

I purchased my sprockets from Sprocketwarehouse.com.  If you like a good low-end rush, then go with a 16/42 setup.  Quite a few folks on here have that particular setup.  I love it.  As for chains, you will  hear differing opinions.  You will hear Regina, EK, Tsubaki, D.I.D., and others.  So far I've been a little fond of the D.I.D. x-ring chain.  Since they come pre-stretched from the factory, you won't be adjusting nearly as much as with other chains.  I've only adjusted my chain once in a little over two years, and I'm a hard-ridin', wheelie thrustin', hard-launchin'-at-the-track SOB.  
firedevil.gif

(bacharles @ Feb. 03 2007,23:07) I purchased my sprockets from Sprocketwarehouse.com.  If you like a good low-end rush, then go with a 16/42 setup.  Quite a few folks on here have that particular setup.  I love it.  As for chains, you will  hear differing opinions.  You will hear Regina, EK, Tsubaki, D.I.D., and others.  So far I've been a little fond of the D.I.D. x-ring chain.  Since they come pre-stretched from the factory, you won't be adjusting nearly as much as with other chains.  I've only adjusted my chain once in a little over two years, and I'm a hard-ridin', wheelie thrustin', hard-launchin'-at-the-track SOB.  
firedevil.gif
I just could NOT doubt you! "On the last sentence!"

BTW, does a different chain, adjusting suspension, and different exhaust really have a noticeable effect on a bike?

Sorry, i'm still a
newbie.gif
!

Also, while i'm thinking about it, would a Gixxer 1000 have more of a (Jumpy) acceleration on a busa? "Let's say you twist the throttle just as hard on both."

Not sure what i want to get yet! "Actually, not sure what i'm going to move up to!"

Anyway..............back to the blue gauges thing. Here's a fresh idea for the manufacturer. Why not make a serious attempt at some GOOD gauges. The indiglo thing is cool, but why not measure engine temp and have that marked on the gauge. I would rather see the actual temp not just H or C .
The speedo looks OK but they could lose the KPH markings. A serious rider wants clear info at the blink of an eye. This brings us to the tach. I cant understand for the life of me why they would put a RED kanji on a tach with a red needle. It looks like there's 5 needles going everywhere.
rant.gif

I realize this is nit picking, and I'm sure those of us with blueguages never have any problems reading them. It's more of a logic thing. I would love to upgrade my gauges but only if there is some advantage other than looks. My ride is a 05 LE gunmetal grey with no bling and CF pipes. I think the bling gauges would look out of place.
all_coholic.gif

I got the Group Buy price from bluegauges.com just by mentioning the org. Try it... it works, really!

trac_installed.jpg

busa_at_night.jpg

(speed750 @ Feb. 04 2007,09:29) Anyway..............back to the blue gauges thing. Here's a fresh idea for the manufacturer. Why not make a serious attempt at some GOOD gauges. The indiglo thing is cool, but why not measure engine temp and have that marked on the gauge. I would rather see the actual temp not just H or C .
The speedo looks OK but they could lose the KPH markings. A serious rider wants clear info at the blink of an eye. This brings us to the tach. I cant understand for the life of me why they would put a RED kanji on a tach with a red needle. It looks like there's 5 needles going everywhere.
rant.gif

I realize this is nit picking, and I'm sure those of us with blueguages never have any problems reading them. It's more of a logic thing. I would love to upgrade my gauges but only if there is some advantage other than looks. My ride is a 05 LE gunmetal grey with no bling and CF pipes. I think the bling gauges would look out of place.
all_coholic.gif
I have to ask this. At what point do you really pay that much attention to the gauges anyway? I have the bluegauges and I love them. If I happen to glance down at the dash, I have no trouble seeing the speedo, tach or temp. The only two that I really pay attention to are the fuel and temp. I know how fast I am going by the way the bike sounds, w/i 5 - 6 mph anyway.

Maybe you will get you wish with the 08 model.

Don

(USN05LE @ Feb. 04 2007,09:06)
(speed750 @ Feb. 04 2007,09
super.gif
) Anyway..............back to the blue gauges thing. Here's a fresh idea for the manufacturer. Why not make a serious attempt at some GOOD gauges. The indiglo thing is cool, but why not measure engine temp and have that marked on the gauge. I would rather see the actual temp not just H or C .
rant.gif

all_coholic.gif
I have to ask this.  At what point do you really pay that much attention to the gauges anyway?  I have the bluegauges and I love them.  If I happen to glance down at the dash, I have no trouble seeing the speedo, tach or temp.  The only two that I really pay attention to are the fuel and temp.  I know how fast I am going by the way the bike sounds, w/i 5 - 6 mph anyway.

Maybe you will get you wish with the 08 model.

Don
Your right, like I said "I guess I'm just nit picking". I just think the manufacture could put a lot more good info and less logo. I could ride all day with NO gauges, but if these had temp info, maybe uncluttered tach and speedo with SMALL bold print saying "HAYABUSA" on the tach, and "WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION BIKE" on the speedo. Then they would go on my "must have" list.

Back