Blown to he## and back

thepushercg

veni vidi vici
Donating Member
Registered
up to this point she has been coming around, gradually tuning everday. i got on it twice today, hit the red line in 2nd and 3rd, boost around 6 pounds the last glance i got, afr light never lite, so i should have been ok in that range.
after the second boost she started pinging/pecking with no power, i pulled it over to a station and shut it off, no oil, no smoke, oil light did come on when i hit the last boost.

got her home, pulled the oil pan off, i have more ground up aluminum in there than a recycle center does. looked up into the block looks like the bearings are locked up. i dont even want to think about digging any deeper into the motor right now. guess ill call jay stedman tomorrow and set up a fix it appointment.

what kinda cost am i looking at here ? if its only the bearings and crank.
i hope and pray it has not gone further up the ladder.
i guess i can pull the head off and take a look at the pistons. nows a good time for the spacer plate and bolts also, thats another 600.00

wow sorry to hear joseph if you have to get a new crank might as well upgrade to the 08 crank and stroke it just a little.

Joseph i am so sorry but this sounds like a good time to start doing some more inners to build that fund up to get her back into motion best of luck man  
beerchug.gif

bearings alone cost around 200
seals are around 50
rods used are 50-150
crank is around 350-450 used
depending on the damage to the crank it might be repairable??
just need to see to determine the damage

spacer and studs are easy to add to it when assembling the motor back together

Any copper in the residue ?thats a bearing color. Aluminium shavings are the sort of thing you get when the clutch posts come out of the hub and rub the housing,
Clutch residue can also block the pickup for your oil light, can be ok if you didn't run it for long , oil pressure would indicate the state of the bearing if this was the case.

bearings alone cost around 200
seals are around 50
rods used are 50-150
crank is around 350-450 used
depending on the damage to the crank it might be repairable??
just need to see to determine the damage

spacer and studs are easy to add to it when assembling the motor back together
Pinky's got the right idea Joe-get the block torn down, you may be able to salvage more than you think...alum.shavings dont sound like bearings to me either; be sure to check over everything with a fine-tooth comb, and then post up your findings bro.

good luck man
beerchug.gif

Back