BLOWN FRIGGIN CLUTCH BASKET!!!!!!!

BigDawg_03Busa

Registered
Coming back from a distance ride when a sudden rattling is felt in the lower fairings. I pull off the highway and look, but see nothing. recrank the bike and attempt acceleration and obviously a nonfunctioning clutch. Push er' off into a parking lot and notice a crack in the clutch cover. Okay fast forward after 1.5 hour wait for a buddy's trailer. Get er' home and you got it BUSTED clutch basket. Looks like a friggin 38 was shot from the inside out. Oh well what next, how much is this going to set me back? It's like a friggin soap opera sometimes.

Clearwater has a clutch cover for sale...Are you still under warranty???
evil.gif

I wouldn't imagine the clutch cover is going to cost much bewteen this site and ebay, but I would be more concerned with figuring out why it happened and if there is additional damage inside. Doesn't seem that it should just self destruct like that.
rock.gif

Coming back from a distance ride when a sudden rattling is felt in the lower fairings.  I pull off the highway and look, but see nothing. recrank the bike and attempt acceleration and obviously a nonfunctioning clutch.  Push er' off into a parking lot and notice a crack in the clutch cover.  Okay fast forward after 1.5 hour wait for a buddy's trailer.  Get er' home and you got it BUSTED clutch basket. Looks like a friggin 38 was shot from the inside out.  Oh well what next, how much is this going to set me back?  It's like a friggin soap opera sometimes.
Falicon bullet clutch basket with a Brocks clutch cushion and a Barnett carbon fiber clutch... Now your holding that power.

I have a 04 GSXR 1000. I didn't think the HP on my bike justified the Falicon bullet basket, but I do have the Clutch cushion and the CF clutch. Yes it made a big diferance. With the HP that your bike in making to explode the clutch like that I would look into this type of setup.

Clutch cushion $150
CF Clutch Kit   $150
Bullet basket   close to $500...

Not having to worry about you clutch exploding again... Priceless

Coming back from a distance ride when a sudden rattling is felt in the lower fairings.  I pull off the highway and look, but see nothing. recrank the bike and attempt acceleration and obviously a nonfunctioning clutch.  Push er' off into a parking lot and notice a crack in the clutch cover.  Okay fast forward after 1.5 hour wait for a buddy's trailer.  Get er' home and you got it BUSTED clutch basket. Looks like a friggin 38 was shot from the inside out.  Oh well what next, how much is this going to set me back?  It's like a friggin soap opera sometimes.
Falicon bullet clutch basket with a Brocks clutch cushion and a Barnett carbon fiber clutch... Now your holding that power.

I have a 04 GSXR 1000. I didn't think the HP on my bike justified the Falicon bullet basket, but I do have the Clutch cushion and the CF clutch. Yes it made a big diferance. With the HP that your bike in making to explode the clutch like that I would look into this type of setup.

Clutch cushion $150
CF Clutch Kit   $150
Bullet basket   close to $500...

Not having to worry about you clutch exploding again... Priceless
CF clutch in a Busa.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaaaa
waste of money

all you need is the billet basket, 450 w/exchange at kws, & I would recommend the clutch mod from brock, which we sell at KWS. the cushion is a waste of money. could use some springs too( Heavy dutie) Call kevin at kws 843-552-7177

Well here's the verdict.

Outer Clutch basket ---- Fine and dandy
Inner Clutch basket ---- Usable, but dealer recommends replacing
Clutch Plate ---- Shot and needs to be replaced
Clutch Cover ---- Needs to be replaced

Lookin at b/t $200-$300 including labor pending getting my hands on a clutch cover. The friggin clutch cover was the biggest ticket item needed. I'll post pics this evening.

While it's down I would at least put the clutch ring mod in...Any explanation as to what happened???
evil.gif

Back