clutch ?

newk

Registered
just got my busa 2000 yr 14000 miles going by the service history the bike hasnt been used much in the last 2 years and i dont know if its been standing a while. iv covered over 200 miles from picking up the bike.
if i try and pull off with any aggression the bike lurches forward and stalls.if im easy with it its fine.good gear changes and easy to find neutral,once under way no issuses
i took of the clutch cover and took out the clutch plates from the basket and they were all dry.
i put them all back in but gave them a coating of oil and also soaked the needle bearing on the end of the pushrod, this seemed to have cured the problem.
just a bit concerned out a possible oil starvation to the clutch basket.

If they were dry I would be concerned. Is your oil level up the the full line?
If you have the bike running and in neutral, while sitting on the bike you can tilt the bike over slightly to the right and pump the clutch lever. That should be enough to soak the fibers and steels.

You have to be careful when buying a used vehicle. Mainly bikes, because the owner wont let you test ride most of the time which then you must trust their word. Unless I am going to go through the bike any way. I just asume buy a new one. That way I can have some piece of mind when riding.

If I get a deal on a used bike for 5k to 6k and have to spend 2 to 3k to get it right. I may has well get a new one.

I would be careful for a while, but think you have solved the problem. Continually check the oil level for a while to make sure you aren't losing any somewhere.

Back