Blowing fuses

Busaful

Registered
Hi Everyone

I have a 2000 Busa and attempted to ride to work and the instrument panel packed in, no rear brake and indicators? I replaced the 15 amp/ fuse rode her to work and on the way back the instruments all packed in again?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Have you added anything lately ? Dropped the bike ? 12 year old bike, you probably have a wire touching something it shouldn't . The manuals hosted here have a good schematic .

Disconnect everything that fuse goes to. Unplug instrument pannel and pull the plug on the lights then ride around and see if it still blows, if not plug things up and ride around one by one and see what blows it. When you find out what's blowing fuses trouble shoot that or replace it.

I took it in for a service and the bike kept cutting out, so they disconnected the alarm as they thought that was the problem. I reckon it could have something to do with that? But the engine starts up fine and front headlight works. Thanks

It might be a coincedence, but if they messed with something electrical and now you're blowing a fuse :whistle: I would go back to the shop and ask them to show you what they disconnected. Probably touching the frame now and needs to be taped or secured better.

Back