Blood Mountain - warmup for the GAP

Hair pin turn coming down the mountain, you can see the oncoming traffic prior to getting there...  so I picked that line...  

Google map the area, it's a great ride, very comparable to the Gap.

I love that road...especially where it is three lanes going up the mountain where the AT crosses
beerchug.gif

(Rayabusa0818 @ Apr. 24 2007,21:57) I love that road...especially where it is three lanes going up the mountain where the AT crosses
beerchug.gif
The three lanes going up the mountain is a great section of road, it makes it interesting when you ride with a few people and you keep your one lane and ride through the switch backs... If I ride up to the Bash, I will take 129 all the way from Tuner's corner....

Blood mnt is in the N. GA mountains, yes Hwy-129, the same 129 as the gap, just in GA. There are a few cross roads that are great rides... like 180 and Richard Russell Scenic Hwy....

(dbusa101 @ Apr. 25 2007,19:10) I love T.W.O. there at suches, its only 85 miles of mountain roads between my drive way and there
i have been to suches once and love it. is blood mtn. close to there..

IF you went to T.W.O. and didnt go to blood mountain, you couldnt have known where you were, You missed what we call the loop from T.w.o go left , make right at gas station. follow 11 miles go right at stop sign, and your going up blood mountain, go all the way across and back down untill you get to 19 i think it is on the right,, go about 8 miles and there is another junction to the right (60) i think, and it takes you right back to T.w.o

(dbusa101 @ Apr. 25 2007,19:21) IF you went to T.W.O. and didnt go to blood mountain, you couldnt have known where you were, You missed what we call the loop from T.w.o go left , make right at gas station. follow 11 miles go right at stop sign, and your going up blood mountain, go all the way across and back down untill you get to 19 i think it is on the right,, go about 8 miles and there is another junction to the right (60) i think, and it takes you right back to T.w.o
yes i went one time and yes i ddinot know were i was ati heard of it but didnot have a clue. i went with a few buddies that go there often . that why i ask.because when i get back home from out of town work next friday i want to ride to suches if i can get them to go . heck if i know the way i would just go . most of the time i go to the skyway and around there. if i donot ride the mtn. around chattanooga.

just wanted to say .went to suches this monday and had a blast. first time around the LOOP as they call it . and man it was a very fuuny road . hope to go back very soon .

Back