Bit of a situation here!!!

BigDawg_03Busa

Registered
Okay I have an 03' with 34,500 miles still running like a champ just as much pop as when I first rode it off the lot. Went into local shop and saw a black 06' and fell in love! Okay I know they'll duke me with the trade, so I'm thinking about selling! If you guys/gals were in my shoes what would you do?

I also have to add there is a $4000 payoff, so I'm not the owner yet!

Is painting your bike an option or are you just wanting to start the whole process over?

Angelo,

If you like the black and grey '06, I'd say wait and take a look at the all black '07!! In any case sell the '03, pay off your loan and start over with a new bike.

DJ

Hell I'll sell you my Black 02SE, for $9K OTD with a ton of extra bits and pieces, pit Bull Stands, Akrapovic cans, and everything. Something to think about, and Lilah is a runner.
super.gif

I would buy some  
lurk.gif
and wait until we see what Suzuki has in store for us with the new Busa.

MC I must admit I want to start all over  
lurk.gif

Sage, my correction it was the 07' all black I saw.

Rev, thanks but I am looking for the whole build er up experience again.

Red, that has crossed my mind also, but I know I'm not going to get an 08' Busa, I'd wait until 09' at least so the bugs and tweaks could worked out.

GSX1300RK7.jpg

wuff wuff wag wag
bowdown.gif

If it aint broke, dont fix it !!! Besides theres no big difference between the two bike other than a longer pay off.

I say if you want a new one, go get a new one
smile.gif
Sell yours outright so you don't get stiffed by the dealer, if you can...
biggrin.gif

You just crave that new Busa smell, don't you?
tounge.gif

(Rhythm @ Dec. 18 2006,11:34) If it aint broke, dont fix it !!! Besides theres no big difference between the two bike other than a longer pay off.
I'm feelin ya rhythym but I'm also a bit paranoid about too many miles on a motorcycle.

(VaBusa @ Dec. 18 2006,11:39) I say if you want a new one, go get a new one  
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif
Yes oh yes Va it's the..
1. smell
2. soft sound prior to a pipe upgrade
3. breakin period
4. Black Beauty impression

Just to name a few, oh I think I'm breaking into a cold sweat LOL.

the best thing for trading one in is the cut on sales tax. at least here in tennessee.
i know you could get more out of it by selling it than a trade in.
you can not go wrong with a black hayabusa they are nice.

(thepushercg @ Dec. 18 2006,12:15) the best thing for trading one in is the cut on sales tax. at least here in tennessee.
i know you could get more out of it by selling it than a trade in.
you can not go wrong with a black hayabusa they are nice.
I'd trade if I knew I'd get $1500 over payoff to serve as a down payment, but it looks like I'm going to have to sell the bugga to get my $$$$ worth. We'll see!

(BigDawg_03Busa @ Dec. 18 2006,12:07)
(Rhythm @ Dec. 18 2006,11:34) If it aint broke, dont fix it !!! Besides theres no big difference between the two bike other than a longer pay off.
I'm feelin ya rhythym but I'm also a bit paranoid about too many miles on a motorcycle.
That may hender you selling the bike as well (hi miles) ! If you haven't had your valve (tappet clearance) checked or adjusted you might want to make this a top priority on your list to do's.  Ask Ks-waterbug about his situation a few years ago.

I don't see a problem with you getting another 30,000 mi out her if you continue with your preventive maint .

Good luck in whichever course you decide to go.

(BigDawg_03Busa @ Dec. 18 2006,12:08)
(VaBusa @ Dec. 18 2006,11:39) I say if you want a new one, go get a new one  
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif
Yes oh yes Va it's the..
1. smell
2. soft sound prior to a pipe upgrade
3. breakin period
4. Black Beauty impression

Just to name a few, oh I think I'm breaking into a cold sweat LOL.
Hell why not! When I bought my 04 limited, i had gone to the dealer for a valve cover gasket!

Try to sell your bike outright! first!

I went to dealer for a bolt that vibrated out on my 85 1150 es and left with a new 91 cbr1000. Weird how that happens...

"Too many miles" is very subjective. You could have 100,000 miles on it and have it in better shape than a guy with only 15,000 miles on it. It all depends on what maintenance you've kept up with.

Mine has 30,000 miles and so far, it's doing wonderfully. Just takes a little maintenance and tender lovin' as you go!

--Wag--

Big Dawg: We love to give advice....
laugh.gif

Sell it out right, never trade in.

Enjoy the black 06! I miss my 02 LE bad!!!!!!

AAAssjani.gif

Sell it outright, and get the one you want since you want to start all over again.

If you have the feeling throw a sign on it with "your" price, if someone picks it up then it was meant to be.

If not, you know the deal. Don't settle for anything in life.
beerchug.gif

(Wag @ Dec. 18 2006,15:44) "Too many miles" is very subjective.  You could have 100,000 miles on it and have it in better shape than a guy with only 15,000 miles on it.  It all depends on what maintenance you've kept up with.

Mine has 30,000 miles and so far, it's doing wonderfully.  Just takes a little maintenance and tender lovin' as you go!

--Wag--
That's what i'm saying, my baby has been regularly serviced since purchase. I know guys with 9k most of which was spent at the track. Been through several clutches, etc. My baby has been for cruising, but I know still the mileage thing will come into play.

Back