Bio-diesel

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
I am thinking of getting some bio-diesel for my truck since the price of fuel has gone stupid. I called Cummins and talked to them, and they said it should be okay to use (I will have to change fule filters a little more often). They said it was pretty much the same as regular diesel. Has anyone here ever used it? I don't want to blow up a $14000 motor!

Havent used it here, Bio Diesel is 20-30 cents HIGHER than the regular diesel here. At least give me some incentive to use that stuff.

Heck, I can get the stuff for $1 a gallon. I am just kinda nervous about using it, but if someone else has had decent luck with it, I will give it a shot!!

I don't run it in my truck only because I don't have easy access to it.

Biodiesel up north of here is around $3.40/gallon. Regular diesel is now $4.25/gallon.

Several people I know run it exclusively and have no issues other than changing fuel filters more often. That and your truck exhaust smells like a french fries.

bump.gif

See, this is another issue I fricken have.

I have "heard" that Diesel is a bi-product of gasoline. meaning it is what is left over after gasoline is made.

This is why in the beginning diesel was about half of what gasoline was. So other than supply and demand and the fact that the oil companies have determined they can set whatever price they want and the public will pay it, has something else occurred that justifies diesel now costing MORE than regular gasoline?

Or is it just pure greed?

I know here in florida if they catch you running that stuff, you get a big fine, but no, it wont hurt the truck.
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

I saw a special on the discovery channel about the stuff, While it is filtered properly, it burns better than gas. A restaurant owner had put like 200,000 miles on a delivery car using the stuff and it did not cost him a dime for fuel...

I know here in florida if they catch you running that stuff, you get a big fine, but no, it wont hurt the truck.
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
Florida is retarded. It is not like it is polluting the air or anything. Must be concerned it is stirring up all the flying rats, I mean seagulls. They would probably follow your truck everwhere.

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

I have "heard" that Diesel is a bi-product of gasoline. meaning it is what is left over after gasoline is made.

This is why in the beginning diesel was about half of what gasoline was. So other than supply and demand and the fact that the oil companies have determined they can set whatever price they want and the public will pay it, has something else occurred that justifies diesel now costing MORE than regular gasoline?

Honestly I believe it is just greed. Gas does have more additives and the refining process is much different. I know diesel has made the change to ultra low sulfur late last year, I do not know how much of a change is needed for that to be done in the refining process.

The people at the gas stations, when I ask WHY fuel is so much higher than gas, right now about 80 cents/gallon, they tell me it is so much cleaner and refined more than gas. I then ask them why the gas filter in wifes car gets changed at 100k miles and if I dont change the diesel fuel filter at 15k, it gets poor fuel mileage.......

If the Government could find a way to charge for air...how much would you pay?

Yeah, that is the only problem. The government can't tax it since people are making it in their barns, so they fine you if they catch you. But if you run like a 50/50 or a 60b/40d, then the little stick they use will still turn colors if you are checked.

I don't care what anyone says....the United States is NOT a free country anymore!

It is Greed mostly bolstered by a bunch of "paid for" news reports about the rising global demand and China's future use of it to prop up the "supply and demand theory".

If and when I ever do go back to the states, I will build a BIO-Diesel reactor and make my own fuel from restaurant waste oil. Heck, I could probably go into business supplying a filling station with it. It would be an easy business to get started and all you have to do is hit a fast food franchise network in your area to recover all of their oil charging them to take it away.

There are a few different kinds of Bio diesel. What I gather you are talking about is the stuff made from vegi oil. I don't know anyone that runs it myself. I run B5 soy diesel in my 05 Duramax. Why? I'm a farmer and want to run what I grow. I like it also. It's a bit cheaper but not a whole lot. We have run E85 and Soy diesel on the farm for 15+ years and have had good luck in all of the tractor engines so I figured i'd try it. As far as the vegi diesel being not legit in florida, are you confusing that with off highway diesel? If so that's because its no-tax and died red. You DO NOT want to be caught with that.

Back