Bike wont rev past 6000 rmp

thecount

Registered
i have a 2000 busa and it has a full hindle exhaust adn a bmc filter.what my problem is it wont rev past 6000 rmp sometimes it will and other times it just cuts out.please help im ready to sell the bike.thanks

Or sell the bike to me!
biggrin.gif

Check the clutch switch on the left clip-on. Sometimes the ECU will not allow the bike to rev above 6000-8000 rpm if it thinks the clutch lever is still pulled in. It's a safety feature. The switch must function properly to tell the computer that the lever has been released. Just something to check.

Check the clutch switch on the left clip-on. Sometimes the ECU will not allow the bike to rev above 6000-8000 rpm if it thinks the clutch lever is still pulled in. It's a safety feature. The switch must function properly to tell the computer that the lever has been released. Just something to check.

what year is this on? I have bypassed every clutch switch on every busa I have owned and never experienced this.

I hope they figured it out already. This was started 3 years ago, brotha.

Back