Bike wont rev past 9000RPM

Do you have new turbo system? I am asking because of your sceen name. Do you have an alarm? If so, disconnect it and try to rev it then. Have heard of that issue before and it may help.

Do you have new turbo system? I am asking because of your sceen name. Do you have an alarm? If so, disconnect it and try to rev it then. Have heard of that issue before and it may help.[/QUOTE

how would u know that, but yes what twotone said about the alarm if u have a scorpio
Posted via Mobile Device

Just put turbo on couple of months ago. Bought from MR. Turbo. The bike runs very good and hard all the way to 9000 rpm and acts like the rev limiter kicks in, not sure if electric problem or fuel problem ( running sunoco 110 octane). Ive been told to check all my sensors and will be switching out side stand sensor next week. Would really appreciate help from anyone who has suggestions or better has had the same problem. Also will be installing fuel pressure gauge soon. thanks for all help or suggestions. :thumbsup:

side stand sensor has nothing to do with it, if it was bad bike would stumble or die
id do what two rone suggested and check the cps

02QTC, check your plug gap, it may be too wide. The turbo will blow out the spark if they are gapped too wide. Try .024 for your gap or get a high energy ignition.

I think aussiekeeper hit it, it sounds like spark blowout. I had the same problem too, gap the plugs to .02" or less should fix the problem.

If it were normally aspirated, I'd say you have a fuel pump problem. You may with the turbo too, but there are more possibilities with the hair dryer.

Well may have found problem, friend came over and was going through the instructions and he thought it might be fuel pump, so we pulled it out and it looks like one of the pieces came loose we will be trying a stock pump in the morning to see if this is the problem. I want to thank everyone for their input and hope I can be of help to someone in the future. :beerchug:

can you go back through this thread and answer all the questions that have been asked so we know where it stands if you have done the things people have asked about also are you bypassing the clutch safety switch

Stock pump won't handle fueling reruirments
and I'd double check cam timing as that would cause a false rev limiter also if it was off
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok finally got thanks to who ever said plug gap, went down to .020 and will be going to .018. Will be checking for high energy ignition for future. If you have this problem gap youre plugs to .018-.020 and it will rev out to redline. Thanks for all youre input and hope I can help in the future.:cheerleader:

Ok finally got thanks to who ever said plug gap, went down to .020 and will be going to .018. Will be checking for high energy ignition for future. If you have this problem gap youre plugs to .018-.020 and it will rev out to redline. Thanks for all youre input and hope I can help in the future.:cheerleader:

your manual should have told you to gap your plugs to .018, but glad you got it working

I DID THAT AND IT STILL HITS A HARD SPOT AT 9K it goes thru it but it bangs when it does ..

i've been thru the fuel and timing and sensors and no alarm .. plugs to .012 .. VELOCITY STG1 KIT

:whistle:

Last edited:
Back