Bike Week

bowwow

Registered
That time of year is creeping up on us. Anyone plan on being there? This will be my first time. Anything I should be aware of?

I went last year, i had a ball. Just watch out for all the drunks!
beerchug.gif

I will be there also. Be careful with all of the Daytona Beach police. I have been ticketed for different issues on several occasions (improper display of tag, no mirrors).

I'll be there. I will caution you on watching your bike for overheating issues. I have NEVER had any temp issues at all on my Busa or my Cruiser.....until I take them to Daytona and they sit and slowly cook in traffic with the 600,000 other bikes creeping along at about a snail pace on Main street.

Other than that, don't expect to get much sleep at any hotels. They got bikes going all night long. Consider staying south or north of the main Daytona area. Like Ormond Beach or South Daytona Shores of you can camp out but they will be as noisey as the main part of town.

Bring plastic and don't carry much cash around. And if you are going to drink (no shame in that) take advantage of the shuttle services.

Oh yeah and check out the vendor booths at the Speedway. Very worth the effort.

I went there when I had my TLR in 05 and it got very hot! This past summer my busa was getting pretty hot so I started to run that ICE stuff and it made a hell of a difference! I guess some people just run straight water through. I'm going to be VERY close to Daytona so I plan on just doing a couple of day trips from Jacksonville that week. There are some awesome looking bikes down there. Mine will be one of them!
cool.gif
If anyone sees me just scream out "PURPLE!" And I'll come over and say hey.

Wish i was going yea watch out for you wallet because most of the time your elbow to elbow with people lock the bike up sport bikes are stolen alot i went in 05-06 if you go towards the last weekend you will find a better deal on items thats what i found with the 2 times of going and also went to biketober fest had a better time there you will love it if its your first man have fun and be safe
beerchug.gif

joe

HOOTERS across from the Track at noon on Friday, right side of the building!!! Does that work???

Wish I was going yea watch out for you wallet because most of the time your elbow to elbow with people lock the bike up sport bikes are stolen alot i went in 05-06 if you go towards the last weekend you will find a better deal on items thats what i found with the 2 times of going and also went to biketober fest had a better time there you will love it if its your first man have fun and be safe  
beerchug.gif

joe
Like he said above. I usually go 'cause its close. Watch for traffic on 95 south it bunches up, and theres been some deadly multi vehicle wrecks. Try not to run too close where you have to deal with other peoples crap all of a sudden. They want to run close at high speeds. Bad idea to depend on a soccer moms' judgement. The Florida State Police will be out for sure. Also cops sometimes do the imitation of road workers with a "transit" mounted on a tripod when its actually a lazer. And theres a couple of spots on 95 south going through Jax where the fines are "enhanced" in certain defined areas....

HOOTERS across from the Track at noon on Friday, right side of the building!!!  Does that work???
Hey Grumpy, I think that's a great idea to meet up at a given place and time. Maybe we can match up some faces before the busa bash? I've only been there once so I'd have to get directions. But wherever everyone decides, I'm there!

i'm down for a meet up also .
i'm going the second thurs. - sun.
i always try to wait till the second weelend of bikeweek . by then the cops are getting tired and wanna rest for springbreakers .

i'm down for a meet up also .
i'm going the second thurs. - sun.
i always try to wait till the second weelend of bikeweek . by then the cops are getting tired and wanna rest for springbreakers .
Theres allway places to meet up, during the day or at nite!
kickass.gif

Back