Trip to Spain

rocket1

Donating Member
Registered
Just wondering my wife and I are planning a trip to Spain. We rented two bikes and plan on touring the East coast from Barcelona South and then head inland and come back North. Has anyone done this or can anyone give us a hint on what to see and do there also the weather in April they say it should be fairly warm and dry at that time of year.

Thanks

:cheerleader:

Just wondering my wife and I are planning a trip to Spain. We rented two bikes and plan on touring the East coast from Barcelona South and then head inland and come back North. Has anyone done this or can anyone give us a hint on what to see and do there also the weather in April they say it should be fairly warm and dry at that time of year.

Thanks

:cheerleader:

I have been Don't know about too much riding the driving is very dangerous most deaths occur from people on vacation on mopeds or motorcycles but if you are like the nightlife hop over to Ibiza for a night or 2 crazy fun 24/7 and the beaches OMG gotta see, in Barcelona shopping bull fights if that's something you can watch have fun be carefull and don't over tip they get offended real easy oh and learn some Spanish the basics will go along way

When in spain you have to visit Toledo. It's where Don Quixote takes place and it's still magical.

In Barcelona they eat dinner super late at night and then walk around the Ramblas till all hours. Don't go to bed early or you'll miss everything. Don't forget to visit the Gaudí cathedral. For those that don't know, when we see something ostentatiously or tastelessly ornamented we use the word "gaudy". It's because of this guy. His architecture is just out of this world.

Madrid is a very cosmopolitan town and has lots of great places to see. The # 1 food in Spain is pork. I hope you like ham.

You'll also eat lots of tapas. Live like a local and learn a little spanish. Don't assume they know english, even tho they do.

The land and people are beautiful. You're going to love it.

Leave the wife at home as the women are baaaYootiful..

Just kidding.

We have been a couple times.
Yes you must see Madrid esp your wife.
She will love the shopping and open malls as well as both will like the food .
But with bikes you will def be able to get out and explore.
JUST GET AND ACCURATE MAP AND STAY AWARE OF FUEL.
STATIONS ARE FAR AND FEW IN BETWEEN.
Everything you think in regard to ease and ability here forget it.
Spain is still a very rural country.

Easy to get lost, run out of gas, argue with your dad, your wife, have your kids hungry and have to pee, and then
Thank God you wife speaks spanish and some nice folks invite you in for supper and give you enough gas to let your father navigate back to the hotel......
Happened to a guy I know...:banghead:

You should PM NandoBusa. He lives there and may be able to help..

Plaza del Toro is a great place to see an event . You should check it schedule to see whats up.
When we were there they were having some Redbull extreme dirt bike jumping.

I rode in SPAIN (my sister lives near Zaragoza), blanca nailed it, gas a dont get lost..Spain is a very beautiful country...and very rural still so riding will be very enjoyable....learn some common (and proper) Spanish phrases and you should be good to go!:thumbsup:

You must realise most of the country speaks Catalan a diff version of the spanish you envision.
While most may still understand it , you will not really understand them.
Study some of this as well. The two are close but certain imp phrases are diff.

If you go to Barcelona it will be Catalan and if you speak any other they will look at you like a Yankee looks at a Tennessean when he says Howdy Y'all !

Sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait till I can make it over seas to do some riding. I would like to hit Germany and Italy for sure. :beerchug:

Well we made it back the volcano kept us in Barcelona a week longer than we had planned but what a great place to be stuck.

DSC00983.jpg

DSC00994.jpg

DSC01003.jpg

DSC01006.jpg

DSC01014.jpg

Thanks for sharing the great pics with all of us unfortunate people. Hopefully I can make it to that part of the world someday.

Back