Bike Tuned at HPC in MD

Rauzer

Donating Member
Registered
Little bit about my experience at HPC this week.

Took my 06 Busa to HPC in Frederick on Thursday. Greg came out and fired it up in the parking lot and immediately honed in on a noise that didnt sound right. He initially thought it was a valve tap or something upper engine related, but upon listening a little more, narrowed it down to a loose cam chain. He suggested not to dyno it at that time and would investigate the noise. I agreed.

About an hour later I he called back, wasnt anything motor related, it was that little metal "Hayabusa" pad on the side of the tank vibrating against the frame. (think I need the stock plastic ones...). So instead of throwing it on the dyno and doing a quick tune, he suggested to keep it till friday so he could have time to do it properly. (Are you seeing the great customer service yet?) Of course, I agreed.

Picked it up friday. Greg said it ran smooth and all was well with the dyno runs. Dyno sheet shows smooth HP/TQ curves, 158hp/94tq max. I had a chance to get out on it yesterday, seems to pull a bit harder and accelerate smoother (could just be me, regardless, I like it!!). I'm very happy with the tune and customer service I received from Greg and would definetly recommend him to anyone in Maryland (I drove 40+ miles each way).

Mods are - PC3, TI Force 4-1 exhaust, marble mod, small air box mod, 16 tooth front sprocket/stock size rear, BMC street filter.

IMG_0001.jpg

So what is done performance wise? OR did he tune your stocker? WHen I had the HMFs customs on the MULLET...Greg made that custom map for it with quality service:thumbsup:

For me, HPC's the best in the area.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I've been there many times before and always received excellent service.:beerchug:

Glad you are happy. If you did not know what you have is a tune that I have been working with and testing for the last six months. It produces less emmissions than the bike did in stock form in every part of the throttle position and rpm range while producing super crisp throttle response and smooth linear power curves. The bike pulls out the door unlike the definate nose dive seen on other set-ups at or about 10K, your accelerates harder remark confirms the track & road testing results. All done while reducing unburned fuel numbers through solid load based tuning. You should also get outstanding fuel economy and added ram air testing showed high rpm operation is covered as well, along with perfect EGT testing temps. Plug testing showed the tune produces only four heat rings on the OEM plugs as well. I am sure you noticed the bike runs at the same coolant temp or better than it did before. I don't get on here much but I have been real busy trying to do things a different way, always thinking, always testing.

Enjoy and ride safe :beerchug:

Last edited:
Bro , I had the same problem with my 07. Try to get some 2 sided tape and put on the bottom of the "Hayabusa " pad and it will take care of that. Or just paint the plastic one's and put them back on! :whistle:
Greg , Great job once again Sir!!!!!

I really would like to try him out, he sounds great. My last mechanic beat my bikes up and overcharged me. My Ninja ran poorly the last time I got service there. I could tell in many ways that quality is not an important element to his business.

I really would like to try him out, he sounds great. My last mechanic beat my bikes up and overcharged me. My Ninja ran poorly the last time I got service there. I could tell in many ways that quality is not an important element to his business.

Please let me know when you want to find out where HPC is. I'll take you there as long as I'm available.

You should experience how my bike runs even with more than 66K miles on it. It's just amazing and I always thank HPC for always doing an excellent job......ALWAYS!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Last edited:
thats great.
I have heard nothing but good things about them.
Congrats on a happier mind and sickle !

So I take it my promise was good ? Wasn't like I was taking a big risk suggesting HPC.

LOVE that place, glad you are happy !!

I met Greg out in W.V. once through the zzr forum. He was fun to talk and ride with. He just needs to watch where he puts his keys to the bike.??? He knows what I'm talking about. I had the faster galaxy silver one though.:rofl:

Just picked up my bike Sat from Greg's, my fork seals were gone so he twisted my arm on the chopping the forks :whistle: I also dropped off a set of Pirellis, a pair of EBC waves (Tim@Pashnit) & pads, 90° stems, speed bleeders, and a filter!

All I can say is WOW & THANKS for everything, I've already got a full tank thru it!

The bike rides and feels perfect even with it being a bit windy Saturday. I had to run back up to your place to drop off the key around 9:30, turns out his wife forgot the spare on the way back from Pittsburg!

Thanks again Greg, the bike is spotless and I didn't really appreciate that until seeing it the sunlight today, it now looks as good as it feels!

My bike runs awesome thanks to Greg... out of my friends I am the one to beat. Greg spent a lot of time to get the map perfect...he takes pride in his work. I would like to see him tune ECU's soon :whistle: Thanks again Greg keep up the great work :beerchug:

I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience with at HPC. In my dealings with him, Greg has always been great to work with and very helpful. The tune he did on my bike felt awesome and ran strong all the way up the tach. I especially enjoyed picking up a bike that was much cleaner than when I left it. Nice touch indeed! :thumbsup:

31557_716244149205_38403997_39373274_5019953_n.jpg

Back