bike surges@3000 rpm

OB_Billy V

Registered
i just installed the micron full system with no other mods.the bike runs very strong, but surges and bucks when i'm just putting around in slow traffic at small throttle openings.i noticed the rpm's were around 3000. it pulls very hard at all other rpm's,the bike is a california model.has anyone else had a similar problem.

Does anyone know how to adjust with the PC2? How many points should I go up at a time (2,3,4)? And should I do it just at 3500 rpm all across the line or to an RPM range? Thanks

I'm keeping mine stock. Turbo Rick gets over 200 hp and 214 mph out of his with the stock exhaust, that's good enough for me.

if you unplug the pc the map will stay. try adjusting 2 at a time go rich than lean and find out were it runs best. these numbers are close, between 1000 rpm to 3000 rpm low speed. 3000 rpm to 7000 rpm mid speed, 6000 rpm to 10500 rpm top speed button. remember when you pipe and change the jetting you usually gain on top and lose a little rideabilty down low

Read the section on here called stop the studdering. There is a wealth of information on this very topic

Don
roaddog

PC2 with micron map will do the job.

[This message has been edited by OMEGA (edited 01 April 2000).]

REMAP as Omega suggests. It sounds like a fuel mixture issue.
I have a full Micron. Without the remap it will do the same. You will be pleased by the change after remapping.

I am having the same problem, except I have a Akro pipe. I loaded Dynojet's Map for the pipe and it still does it. I think that I will have to mess with the map. Does anyone have any idea whether I should make it leaner or more rich? If you unplug the PC@ will the map remain in it or do you have to reload it?

[This message has been edited by Oger (edited 01 April 2000).]

I had the same problem with my CA model I had it remapped and it seemed to fix it.
also try playing around with the idle speed, it can help also

Billy..remember.. your bike came out of the bike quite lean, hense the HUGELY restricted pipes you removed! You have to richen up your low end.. Hell, I only installed race slip ons, and mine is surging to... hehe just stay over 3000rpms!!!

remap.. Yosh box is the affordable way... PC2 is the expensive way..

my thanks to all who have replied to my question. i'm going to try and find a shop with the yosh box to see if that cures the problem first.i went out for another test run last night, it seems to only surge right at 3000 when i'm practically crawling.i'll try to richen it up a little. thanks all

If you unplug the PC2 and then replug it in. The map will always stay in the PC2.

never do this with power on.

The best way to tune your bike is to connect the PC2 to your bike and adjust through a lap top. Or, you can purchase the power adapter so that you can bring in the PC2 into your house and power it up. The PC2 needs power from the bike or a power adapter to allow changes with a computer.
Adjusting the map with the 3 buttons is OK if thats what you comfortable with, but you do not take advantage of the full capability of the PC2. Which is the ability to adjust every 500 rpm at many different throttle position openings. More specific adjustment this way versus broad adjustments over an entire range with the buttons--just like the Yosh Box.
If you have the software from Dynojet for the PC2 (they supply it with the box) load it on your computer and look at the tables to see what I mean.
Table 1 is for the upper range map, table 3 for low range including idle and 3000 rpm issues.
table 4 is ignition timing, and table 2 leave alone--it makes big time adjustments.
Don't mess with the PC2 unless you understand why and where you are making a change.

Back