Bike stalling at idle and bogging on acceleration

bmwjatt

Registered
2000 Hayabusa 20k miles. I got it about couple of months ago. It runs great overall. Engine has full power. The issue I started to have was it stalled at a light first. Then it refused to fire up after a long ride. I let the bike sit over night and it fired up the next day. I tried to diagnose it, I couldn't hear the fuel pump prime. I replaced the fuel pump relay with new. It starts right up now even after long rides. But I am still getting the stalling issue at idle and once in a while bogging when I go from 1st gear to second and I give it throttle it hesitates at first an then takes off. I noticed some rust in the tank, so I flushed the tank and used rust remover about 4 gallons and let it do its thing for couple of days. I was slushing it around every couple of hours. I also replaced the fuel pump with a brand new OEM Suzuki fuel pump. It fires up every time, but I it is still stalling at idle and bogging when i go from 1st to 2nd gear. I checked for codes by putting it in dealer mode and nothing there. I ran it in dealer mode and it stalled and no codes. the TPS is in dead center. Sometimes when it dies the tach and speedo doesn't work, I have disconnect the battery and reset it. I checked to see if the it was the charging system but seems to be charging and holding charge. I could take it in for load test if that could be a problem.

looking for advise on what could it be. I am going to replace spark plugs with NGK CR9E, also going to run some fuel injector cleaner in the tank. not sure if that will make any difference.

so, I cleaned the injectors and put new spark plugs in it. The bike started to idle just fine. I let it idle for 10-15 minutes multiple times. I thought it is fixed, so I took it for a rip. It was nice at first but then started to have hesitation on acceleration. after 10 minutes of riding, it died in third gear on acceleration. It started right up, rode it for another couple of minutes and it died again while riding it. Then it started, but not happy and felt like it was choking or suffocating. Died and wouldn't start, let it sit overnight and still won't fire up. It is cranking, I charged the battery to full and tried again, still cranking and feels like it's going to start but won't fire up. since i have basically rebuilt or refurbished the fuel system, i highly doubt it's that.

My thought is it could be something to do with air. What sensors should I be looking at? Also, could it be the ECM?

I would still check the fuel pump and filter, even new they can fail.
Ecu's can fail too, cannot be tested, but usually they either work or they don't.
You need to check for fire again too.

Back