Bike shuts off..

micronp450

Registered
When I hop on my 02 Busa and stand it straight up all is good until I move the handlebars to the center to take off. The bike shuts off than I hear it immediately come on like when I turn the key (fuel pump coming on, cluster sweep). So I'll start the bike up back again and move the handlebars left and right and I notice as I move it left and right before it lines up forward I see the electrical compnents dim like the power is just about to be cut off. Side note- The stalling will happen if the bike has been sitting. Otherwise if I ride it around and the bike is warmed up it won't stall but like I said before you can tell the electric is cutting out for a second. Please help!!!!!

Thanks

That's a baffling one. I'll have to think on that one. Strange because all the fuel wiring is under bike and seat area. Nothing in the front of the bike that should do that.... or is there?
rock.gif
Hmmmmmmm

your fuse panel and harness connections are under the left hand lower dash panel.

start by checking the harness plugs...being an 02, more than enuf time has passed to develop a loose plug / short / etc...

check for corosion on the battery cables and follow the ground back to the case to be sure the nut is tight.

all of the wiring for the shut off switch should be checked. make sure that the wire is not frayed or loose. they are usually set up with a crimp connector. so they can come loose after wear and tear

You might also want to check the cable coming from the right handle bar ( kill switch ) do you have aftermartket bars or risers... your cables could be stretched and have a broken wire in there that only opens when you turn the bars. Wires can be streched for a time if its to long they dont like it... look in the weakest link areas, where the wire harnesses bend or are pinched... hope this helps
blush.gif

The mount on my tip-over switch broke and therefore the thing wa laying on it's side, caused similar problems for me. The thing I don't understand is how it broke. No way for anything to hit it where it is located.

Back