Bike Show in Birch Run, MI

Pit Bull

Registered
My Family and I just got back from proll'y the biggest nightmare I've had in some time. I left last night and drove (1 1/2 hrs on a good day - took 3 hrs last night due to weather and stupid drivers), stayed in a motel, and got up this morning to get  tickets to a custom motorcycle show - where the main atraction was the Teutuls, of American Chopper fame - and couldn't get tickets at the door as advertised because everyone and their family, it seemed, wanted to see them too. To top it all off, it was snowing(at least 6" in 24hrs) and everybody was spinning out, cutting people off, geting out of their cars, what a cluster f^(!.
I am glad that I didn't pre-pay with a credit card to the tune of $50 for the weekend, or $35 for the day, because the people that I talked to who HAD gotten in said it was so crowded that you could hardly even see the bikes and forget even getting close enough to shmooze with Paul, Paul Jr., & the boys. I will be E-mailing the promoters of the event as well as O.C.C. and let them know what I as well as many others had to deal with.
They should have known that with having a guest like that, that there would have been a big turnout and held the event somewhere like the Silverdome, or other stadium, not some oversized warehouse. Also, it seemed that the local law enforcement was ill prepaired for traffic concerns as well and had no officers arround until things were well out of hand.
In spite of such a bad day, I'm thankful to be home with my family - in one piece - and out of that place..... Beter luck next time I guess?

Pit Bull

<!--EDIT|Pit Bull
Reason for Edit: "didn't sign"|1074393066 -->

where is birch run? never heard of it. i was looking for a bike show too! i think i may go to chicago next month for the one there.

where is birch run? never heard of it. i was looking for a bike show too! i think i may go to chicago next month for the one there.
Birch Run is about 20 miles north of Flint off of I 75. There is a big outlet mall there and it's about 10 miles to Frankenmuth, MI - home of the world famous all you can eat homestyle chicken diners at Zenders... Anyway, be glad you did miss this one - it was probably ok for the few who actually got in before it got crowded and the Fire Marshall stepped in and seen the crowd, but for most who were there they either got turned away or didn't get their $$ worth.

Pit Bull

OCC sucks ............It seems that can can only build over priced bolt together bikes that they call choppers

Overpriced? Yes! Bolt together?
rock.gif

Using your logic a NASCAR ride is no more than a bolt together once all the fabrication is done. OCC does a LOT of custom fab on their theme bikes. Granted, it's mostly bodywork and cosmetics, but it's still far from just bolt on stuff.
rock.gif

rock.gif

hey they have been doing for years, they just hit some popularity recently. No harm in using it.

I live about 20 miles from birch run, and yes it was a cluster.I was going to take the family too,thought it would be cool to try and meet the occ guys.Tickets sold out late friday night,or early saturday morning.So i didnt get to go,after reading that post im glad i didnt.I agree it sould of been in a bigger venue...:angry:

OCC sucks ............It seems that can can only build over priced bolt together bikes that they call choppers
I don't think they suck but he is right about one thing, OCC does not hardly meet the definition of a custom bike builder. Even their theme bikes are built mostly by other fabricators. For example the fire bike, which I love! Tank, swing arm, carb, frame, wheels, seat, and paint were all done by other fabricators, and this is typical of most of their theme bikes. They do some minor customizing in their shop and come up with the design but this is not the hardest part of bike building. Their regular bikes fall even farther from the mark of a custom bike, they are completely built by others and bolted together in their shop. They seem to be far better at arguing than customizing.

I still think they do great work and have some great ideas, just don't get upset about them being called non custom, because they are not.

yeah pit bull never been to milan but know where it is..when the weather breaks we will have to hook up and ride

Back