May 3, 2006 track day at summit main in wv

Big E

Donating Member
Registered
You couldnt ask for better weather. The morning started out in the low 60's and by lunch time the temps climbed to the upper 70's. The track day event was being held at Summit raceway on the main course. The event was being hosted by Roger Lyle. You needed to have the oil cap, drain plug, and oil filter safetly wired. The fee for the event was $175 flat.

It was a toss up between the bus and the gix. I went with the gixxer as I have never taken it on the track. Pulling into pit row on the truck, oh did I have a big ass grin on my face. There were only about 15 other riders there for the event. I was there with a whole bunch of buddies who BS at the local starbucks. Convinced enough of them that we had 10 riders along. About 25 riders for the event. Two groups, first group being the street riders with a couple of control riders and the second group running expert/novice racers. 20 mins on track and 20 mins off. Enough with the typing. Pics rule.

Weapon of choice 2005 gix 1 k

1.JPG

For those who want a close up on my headlight. Ran out to help a buddy with his bike get ready for the track day. I come home to find this drawn on my headlight. Great job by them.

3.JPG

I told you there were a lot of us. Made the day so much entertaining running with friends on the track.

6.JPG

The RC51 is owned by a board member who goes by RCcola. Totaled his busa and picked up a RC51. I believe he had close to 60k miles on his busa.

7.JPG

Just a few pics.  I ve got a whole bunch load pics.  Its little after 2 in the morning will post more later on in the day.

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147674153 -->

I LOVE IT BIG E!! You had quite a crew out there that day. It makes the day SOOO MUCH more exciting as opposed to rolling out solo.

How do you like that K5 for the track? I plan on getting the K6 or a nice used K5 this summer. Love the Busa for the track but I really wanna start pushing it hard and possible start doing some club racing next year with WSMC.

nice pics...BigE, is everyone doing okay, over there by the starbucks? I haven't been riding down to rockville for awhile...hope everyone doing great...say hello to Richard, for me, can you?

Back