Bike laid up for a year now wont start

poochie781

Registered
So the story goes I been out the country for a while and finally get home and the bike been laid up for about a year. Change the battery, drained the gas put fresh gas and it wont start. Pulled the Air box and spray fuel injector cleaner into the valves and it starts for about 2 seconds and dies. took the tank off cleaned the tea bag filter and tried to spray out the white filter housing with fuel injector cleaner ( which flows freely out) and put it all back together and still nothing.

So I have spark, and wanting to run but just nothing all on its on. Do you guys think i need to change the white filter? What about the injectors?

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Sounds like something is blocking the flow. Either the pump isn't outputting or the filter or lines are blocked.

My tank got all rusty and the fuel pump seized up after leaving it parked for three years while I was out of the country (should have drained it like I did the first time I left). Had to replace the pump and bypassed the filter for an external one. Pressure regulator was also gummed up, so check that.

Back