Bike is back from the dealer

Where's Sleepless Red? He's got those beautiful red Cz wheels no?

I'm thinking even the pic in his signature may help us?

Here's his sig pic .

dc14f050.jpg

I'm sure he got some better ones. Aren't these same make as yours Ron?

My 2 cents...it seems Carrozzeria has changed their design over the years. I bought these from GPW back in the fall of '09. On mine the flange that the sprocket carrier fits into is part of the hub itself-all one piece. It appears yours is two piece. The sprocket carrier just slips into the cush drive sleeves and rubbers-no bolts except for the special sprocket bolts that fit into the steel sleeves of the cush drive. By the way, this cush drive is known to be a wear item on these wheels and I just replaced mine($71) after about 10,000 miles and there was enough slop that the carrier bearing took a beating and was rough enough to require replacement($85 ceramic bearing:banghead:). Here's a shot of the old cush drive parts and one I just took of the wheel-excuse the dirt but I finally got her out yesterday for the first time since fall and didn't get home till well after dark. :laugh:

002.jpg

004.jpg

the wheel side carrier of the cush drive bolts to the rim and the outside floats on the cush drive pieces and outside piece bolts to the sprocket or atleast thats what the parts guide shows... they offer different color cush drive housings so they make it where they bolt on for aesthetics
Thats right...I think the older ones were made like that. Thats the way mine are made. Looks like the newer ones the inner crush is made into the wheel. Maybe they changed it due to failure? I'll take some pics of mine tomorrow after I wash it. Mine looks like yours...you can see where the bolts come thru the wheel.

My 2 cents...it seems Carrozzeria has changed their design over the years. I bought these from GPW back in the fall of '09. On mine the flange that the sprocket carrier fits into is part of the hub itself-all one piece. It appears yours is two piece. The sprocket carrier just slips into the cush drive sleeves and rubbers-no bolts except for the special sprocket bolts that fit into the steel sleeves of the cush drive. By the way, this cush drive is known to be a wear item on these wheels and I just replaced mine($71) after about 10,000 miles and there was enough slop that the carrier bearing took a beating and was rough enough to require replacement($85 ceramic bearing:banghead:). Here's a shot of the old cush drive parts and one I just took of the wheel-excuse the dirt but I finally got her out yesterday for the first time since fall and didn't get home till well after dark. :laugh:

Yep, mine were the same way.

Do you have any way to just take the wheel off and have a closer look at it? Seems like that would help clear some things up.

I emailed the pics and the situation to CZ and here is their reply:

"Hi Ron,

Your wheel is a very early design that has a bolt on cush drive. I do not know if you bought the wheels new or used but they are about 10 years old. The wheels with a the cush drive system need to have the bolt for the cush drive re-torque every tire change, if the customer does not do this maintenance the bolt can loosen and "oval" the hole out, at that point the wheel should be discarded.

The dealership should be able to tell you what the condition of the bolt holes were. The repair looks fine from the picture but that is just a look from a picture. If you a more detailed inspection you can send it to us without a tire and we will look at it. We do not charge any labor for this service. You would be responsible for all shipping and parts if needed.

Thanks-"

Back