Bike is back from the dealer

Rongotti

Registered
So the dealer called and said my bike was ready. He said they had to tap some new holes in my wheels to be able to fit the hub that was on it with no bolts. because of this they had to charge me for another hour of labor. $540 was the total :(

Good news is that my bike is no longer a death machine and maaaaan did I miss that zip! I havent been able to crack the throttle becasue of the old sprocket, and now I am going to go rip on her.

Never knew there was an issue. Now you need to come to the bash:thumbsup:

Never knew there was an issue. Now you need to come to the bash:thumbsup:
Yea, it started skipping under high load shortly after I got it. Thought it was the tranny, was going to have them pull the tranny to back cut the gears and when we got it loose the sprocket was running on only 4 teeth. Manager told me it was aluminum and he ordered a steel one for me. Then the discovered that the hub was not bolted to the wheel, that it was only held together by friction. Crazy! This is why I am always more prone to purchase new instead of used, I never know what to check for unfortunately.

. Then the discovered that the hub was not bolted to the wheel, that it was only held together by friction. Crazy!

Are you talking about the sprocket hub/carrier? Cush drive? What kinds of wheels? Something sounds a little fishy. ??? Cause I don't see any sprocket turning a wheel by friction.

just curious...

Are you talking about the sprocket hub/carrier? Cush drive? What kinds of wheels? Something sounds a little fishy. ??? Cause I don't see any sprocket turning a wheel by friction.

just curious...

I didnt either lol! But he showed it to me, the sprocket was bolted to the hub and then the hub was noy bolted to the wheel. He said they were both hexagonal (like a socket) so that is what held them together. My wheels are Carazzeria (sp?)

I have Carrozzeria Wheels as well and the sprocket is bolted yes to the hubs but the hub is not bolted to the wheel. The hub is slip flit into bushing that are mounted in the wheels.

Wtf! That **** would have saved me $100 if id have known that, well my **** is bolted in now :-( lol

Yeah, everything I got stockers,marvic,marches & CZ's all bolt to sprocket carrier/cush and slip fit to hub. Only ones I have that the sprocket directly bolts to hub/wheel(solid fit,no cush of anykind) are a set of PM Performance Machine wheels that's why I was curious. Sounds like someone needed to bump up the ticket to meet quota. ???

Is this something I should go gripe about? The guy said he had never heard of my wheel company and that these bolts had to come from California which is why they had it 10 days (overnight shipping anyone????) Now that they are bolted there is nothing wrong with that right?

Is this something I should go gripe about? The guy said he had never heard of my wheel company and that these bolts had to come from California which is why they had it 10 days (overnight shipping anyone????) Now that they are bolted there is nothing wrong with that right?
Unfortunately there's many things wrong with that. First is that the reason the hub fits into the wheel with no bolts and rubber cushions is because the non-cushioned shock of direct power transfer from the tranny to wheel will beat up your whole drivetrain over time, and cause premature wear of all the parts from the tranny to the chain and sprockets. Plus its going to make you're riding and shifting MUCH more jarring. And your rear wheel wasn't designed to be drilled and bolted, it could easily cause the wheel to crack or fail from being weakened since its a lightweight performance wheel. They should be ran the way they were designed to be :banghead: If a shop did that to my rear Carrozzeria they'd be buying me a new one. Wolfmans post above is how your Carrozzeria should be mounted. The solid mount is going to beat everything to death quick.......especially a lightweight wheel not designed for it :banghead:
And the shop never heard of Carrozzeria???? WTF? Was it a harley or scooter shop by chance? Sounds like a VERY uneducated backwoods shop ??? Sad story indeed.....sorry Rongotti

Nelson.gif

Unfortunately there's many things wrong with that. First is that the reason the hub fits into the wheel with no bolts and rubber cushions is because the non-cushioned shock of direct power transfer from the tranny to wheel will beat up your whole drivetrain over time, and cause premature wear of all the parts from the tranny to the chain and sprockets. Plus its going to make you're riding and shifting MUCH more jarring. And your rear wheel wasn't designed to be drilled and bolted, it could easily cause the wheel to crack or fail from being weakened since its a lightweight performance wheel. They should be ran the way they were designed to be :banghead: If a shop did that to my rear Carrozzeria they'd be buying me a new one. Wolfmans post above is how your Carrozzeria should be mounted. The solid mount is going to beat everything to death quick.......especially a lightweight wheel not designed for it :banghead:
And the shop never heard of Carrozzeria???? WTF? Was it a harley or scooter shop by chance? Sounds like a VERY uneducated backwoods shop ??? Sad story indeed.....sorry Rongotti

100% Behind this, Id go back and get a new wheel on their coin. Id be worried do anything more than cruising on the wheel the way it is now. If i recall correct your bike is a big CC bike of some measure? Even more reason to be sure everything is correct, and it doesnt sound like it is right now.

CUSH DRIVES!! no bolting to rim!!! bad stealership!!... look on service manual first stupid mechanic!!

Oh noooo! What a butchery! Can you post some pics of what the dealership did? (maybe I just can't see them while at work)
I want to hear the end of this saga for sure!

Another perfect example of why you should buy your own tools and learn how to do basic maintenance yourself. It should have been immediately apparent that if you pay $3500 for CZ wheels that it is very unlikely that they have manufacturing flaws of this magnitude.

Did it ever occur to you to call CZ before you let some loser mechanic go after them with drill and tap?

Back