Bike is back from the dealer

I cant speak about the type of wheels you have, but if the sprocket is bolted to the wheel, its wrong. It is all held together by the axle and the pressue of the entire assembly being sandwiched between the swingarm. In fact, when the cush drive is worn out, the axle hub will almost fall off of the wheel when it is removed.

Sprocket side. Basically the holes in the wheel were empty, nothing was attaching anything to the wheel is what they were saying. By my understanding "something" either the cush drive, hub or sprocket must be attached to the wheel right? And I am not sure that re-tapping some holes would effect the structure of the wheel itself.
Ron the easiest way to explain it is you should be able to take your back wheel off, and be able to wiggle and pull the sprocket out of the wheel without having to remove anything, bolts or otherwise. The sprocket bolts to the carrier, but its meant to float free in the wheel, the only contact is the rubber cushions in the wheel. If your wheels not set up that way then its wrong. And the CZ's are very sweet rims designed to be the lightest they can possibly be and still survive on the street and track. They're are designed to use the least material possible to get the job done. If you drill holes in places where there shouldn't be any you will destroy the structural ridgidity of the wheel, and make it completely untrustworthy to ride on. Plus the drivetrain shock from no cushioning will tear those bolts out quick, since there's no support built in whatsoever to support those custom drilled holes :banghead:

I forget the members name that you bought the bike from, but he put a lot of work into that bike to make it nice, including one heck of an engine :bowdown: and I doubt he screwed something up as simple as the rear wheel. You've been running that rear wheel for quite awhile now, I'm sure if there were any crucial bolts missing you would have felt something strange long before now, especially with the power that motors putting out :laugh: Rear wheels are pretty simple, either they fit together and work right, or they don't. If anythings missing or wrong you would have known the first time you test rode it. It might be you're not quite able to explain it right...I hope its all good, cause those are spendy wheels to replace :banghead: Like somebody else mentioned, the shop has never heard of CZ's (which I find almost impossible to believe ??? ) yet they know exactly how to "drill them" to make them right?

We're all just trying to help educate you and keep you safe.....on a bike you only have 2 wheels, and you need to know everything about them is 100% right :beerchug:

Ok I took some pics, you can see where the inside of the hub(?) Is now bolted to the wheel.

uploadfromtaptalk1331757781522.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1331757798115.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1331757813936.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1331757933507.jpg

Ron the easiest way to explain it is you should be able to take your back wheel off, and be able to wiggle and pull the sprocket out of the wheel without having to remove anything, bolts or otherwise. The sprocket bolts to the carrier, but its meant to float free in the wheel, the only contact is the rubber cushions in the wheel. If your wheels not set up that way then its wrong. And the CZ's are very sweet rims designed to be the lightest they can possibly be and still survive on the street and track. They're are designed to use the least material possible to get the job done. If you drill holes in places where there shouldn't be any you will destroy the structural ridgidity of the wheel, and make it completely untrustworthy to ride on. Plus the drivetrain shock from no cushioning will tear those bolts out quick, since there's no support built in whatsoever to support those custom drilled holes :banghead:

I forget the members name that you bought the bike from, but he put a lot of work into that bike to make it nice, including one heck of an engine :bowdown: and I doubt he screwed something up as simple as the rear wheel. You've been running that rear wheel for quite awhile now, I'm sure if there were any crucial bolts missing you would have felt something strange long before now, especially with the power that motors putting out :laugh: Rear wheels are pretty simple, either they fit together and work right, or they don't. If anythings missing or wrong you would have known the first time you test rode it. It might be you're not quite able to explain it right...I hope its all good, cause those are spendy wheels to replace :banghead: Like somebody else mentioned, the shop has never heard of CZ's (which I find almost impossible to believe ??? ) yet they know exactly how to "drill them" to make them right?

We're all just trying to help educate you and keep you safe.....on a bike you only have 2 wheels, and you need to know everything about them is 100% right :beerchug:

Thank you that made it a lot more clear about the set up. Now my dilema is proving that this is correct and that the dealor made an error. I called CZ and the guy was an idiot and said yes that the hub bolted to the wheel. I am so confused :dunno: I don't know which was is up at this point :( And the holes ont he wheel were already there, they weren't drilled new, they were tapped to accomodate the bolts, not sure if that makes a difference or not

I have no idea if the bolts are supposed to be there or not but I'm Leary of a dealer who retaps holes to fit bolts they had on hand rather than ordering or obtaining correct bolts to fit.
Right?

Not to mention they said they had never heard of Cz wheels.

I have no idea if the bolts are supposed to be there or not but I'm Leary of a dealer who retaps holes to fit bolts they had on hand rather than ordering or obtaining correct bolts to fit.
Right?

Not to mention they said they had never heard of Cz wheels.

I concur, that is the crazy thing. Supposedly they had it 10 days because these bolts had to come from California. And STILL tapped them. I NEVER gave them permission to drill on the wheel, only to order these supposed neccessary bolts

Dude, I think they are totally feeding you a load of crap about the 10 days and bolts situation. However, if you ok'd the job before they did the work, you may not have much of a case against them. If it were me, I'd think they just ruined my $2000 set of wheels. Last time I checked, CZ's were ONLY sold in pairs. That could make a difficult situation out of getting a replacement

I concur, that is the crazy thing. Supposedly they had it 10 days because these bolts had to come from California. And STILL tapped them. I NEVER gave them permission to drill on the wheel, only to order these supposed neccessary bolts

Sounds like after ten days the wrong bolts showed up and they were like F it make these fit and handed the tech some.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

WOW... Ummm... Yeah... The whole hub/cush drive is there for a reason.... That dealership needs to be euthanized and you need to learn your bike, sir. :laugh:

That sucks though, I hope you get it fixed up right. Having it bolted like that is a no-go :poke:

However, if you ok'd the job before they did the work, you may not have much of a case against them.

I disagree. - Rongotti is not a mechanic. He has taken his bike to a mechanic and has a right to rely on their expertise. If they don't know what they are talking about and incorrectly advise him of work that needs doing, they are at fault.

I disagree. - Rongotti is not a mechanic. He has taken his bike to a mechanic and has a right to rely on their expertise. If they don't know what they are talking about and incorrectly advise him of work that needs doing, they are at fault.

Thanks Rainbow. So where do i go from here about proving that they are wrong? I am sure I cant just print the forum topic and take it to them lol.

You need to get something from CZ, saying that any drilling/tapping of their wheels will ruin their structural integrity.

Send those pics to Cz. Call and get someone who cares and get his email and send them the pics.
Have him respond in writing if what they've done is right or wrong and go from there.

Thanks Rainbow. So where do i go from here about proving that they are wrong? I am sure I cant just print the forum topic and take it to them lol.

Send those pics to Cz. Call and get someone who cares and get his email and send them the pics.
Have him respond in writing if what they've done is right or wrong and go from there.
Ron those pictures made a big difference, thanks for taking them :thumbsup: I've never personally worked with mounting any CZ rears up, just admired them from afar :laugh: but for one since those holes were already there and obviously made to take a load of some kind, I highly doubt your wheel is weakened at all. From what I can see it looks like your cush drive rubbers are directly behind your sprocket in those big round areas the sprocket bolts go into. Which means the shop was probably right. Have you ever had the wheel off and been able to just pull the sprocket off with small rubber bushings left in those holes? I've come across other rims like that. If you can do that your probably good to go. I think when the shop said the wheel was just running on friction they meant with everything snugged up tight the squeeze alone was enough to spin the wheel even without those bolts....and you've said you never really get on it too much, so you might not have noticed any slight slipping.
It would be best if someone who actually owned and ran those rims could take a look at your pics and chime in, but honestly from my best guess at those pics I think its good to go. Doing what Blanca suggested above is probably the smartest thing to do though....its hard for us to armchair quarterback from pics :laugh: Or at least ask the shop and/or CZ if the cush rubbers are directly behind the sprocket like I suspect. The important thing is you have cush rubbers and not a sprocket bolted directly to the rim. If you can pull the wheel off and verify or give us pics we can tell you :thumbsup:

if you only gave them permission to order the parts they would need to acquire written permission to do some work part of manufacturers requirements of a dealership so problems cannot come back at them

the wheel side carrier of the cush drive bolts to the rim and the outside floats on the cush drive pieces and outside piece bolts to the sprocket or atleast thats what the parts guide shows... they offer different color cush drive housings so they make it where they bolt on for aesthetics

I hope you're right about that. I would be livid either way.

Back