Bike ever got knocked-over by wind?

Registered
I just got done bringing my bike inside the building. I don't have a garage, and we are getting a lot of wind gust here on Okinawa for the last 2 days. I know the busa is pretty heavy, but a several years ago my CBR 954 got knocked-over by the wind with the bike cover on it. The end result was not good. I had a big dent on my 954, and this happened when I was in North Carolina. The wind actually knocked the bike over against the kickstand. The bike cover basically acted as a sail to push over a pretty light bike. Have you guys witnessed something like this?

Last edited:
i've had a 82 Goldwing get pushed over, 1 winshield snapped from the wind on the same bike. the wind can beat the heck out of a bike.
sorry bout yours.

Damn man, I wondered if that would happen to anyone with the winds we've been getting here! Any serious damage to it?

Hasnt happened to me, got close once, the wind was kickin up like crazy, took sa few minute from work to hide the bike under an awning nest to the building. I still felt like it wasnt safe.

ive thought about it and actually park according to the wind but I figured i was just paranoid and it would take alot more to actually do it. Ill think harder next time.

i think i jinxed myself. i was leaving for a meeting today and noticed one of the bikes i have parked outside is down on its side. :banghead:

Back