Biggest idiot ever

casasnovas99

Registered
This award goes to......me!
I lost footing while putting the bike away and dropped her on her right side :banghead::banghead::banghead:. Dont worry, I yelled at myself and gave myself a good spankin. The damage seems to be minor scrapes and two areas where it looks like the paint peeled off, leaving black. My question is, is it worth it to buy a new fairing ( if I can find one - its a red and silver 2000 and I dont know anybody who sells them online or in store) or should I take the fairing to an auto body place and have them touch up the fairing to brand new?
Thanks guys

Buy a new fairing. You won't be able to sleep until you know you've done all you can to get it back to original.

you asked........sorry to hear about the drop.

Very doughtfull they can match the paint good enough not to be noticed. Good Luck and sorry to hear about the fall. Come close many times myself and probably will some day.

I did that several months ago to my 2009 white busa. I ordered some touch-up paint from color-rite (not cheap). When I do the next oil change in 300 miles, I will try airbrushing the scratches as I won't need to use much paint. If it is not perfect I can probably live with it as the scratches don't bother me as much as they used to. I also bought some OEM decals (ouch!)

P4240025.JPG

P4240026.JPG

P4240027.JPG

P4240028.JPG

Put a Hayabusa.org decal over the scratch and keep on rolling! :thumbsup:

I did that also with my Warrior 1700, no damage but I must be
PUNISHED!

Well I dropped mine about 3 months after I got it in the drive way:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: I only had about 3 days before a Washington DC trip (750+ miles from home) and I couldn't show her off all banged up. just the right side plastic from Sloane's Power Sports (Where she came from) was $535 after a 10% discount. So my solution would be weigh out the options and if you decide to get yours touched up look at some of the guys work first, in person because everything looks good in a picture when its paint and body work, and make sure its the same color and on plastic like your side piece. However, it may be worth the extra money to not have to worry with the headache of if its going to look good.

After reassessing the damage, its not really bad. Like mikejmd suggested, im just gonna buy colorrite touchup paint. Much cheaper than a new fairing, and I figure since it isnt cracked, Ill do it myself. At worst, it might look a little blemished, but I can deal with that. Ill post before and after pics since you guys like that kind of stuff.

Your color is very special, and rare nine years later! I would do everything I could to retain the original. Raydog

P1000105.JPG

Twelve step program for "droppers".

Hello, My name is brpo and I'm a self hating bike dropper too... Hello brpo:clap:

http://https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/b-king-general-discussion/113733-dropped-like-hot.html

First you have to forgive yourself and not to allow your self absorption and inattention to hurt the ones you love (your motorcycle).

Sorry - it happens... but you have too make amends to those you've hurt - fix it up good as new - you will feel better and the bike will forgive you...

Last edited:
the link you posted looked good, it says that you oreder with them, then they order from Suzuki, why not just hit the locol stealership if suzuki still has these available?

Buy a new faring it will probley be cheeper than having a shop fix it correctly and keep your riding unless you want your bike to be down a week or so.

Put a Hayabusa.org decal over the scratch and keep on rolling! :thumbsup:

Someone suggested the bullet hole decals on the '06.............

Instead I just rode it that way, it was barely noticeable under inspection

Last edited:
Back