Bigger guys... tucking question...

PacerX

Registered
I've tried two different helmets now, but when I try to tuck completely under the fairing, I can't see a darned thing.

Even with my neck craned all the way back, the top edge of the helmet opening completely blocks my view of the road... which is bad...

Anyway, any recommendations on helmet brands with a bigger opening, or another way to approach this?

I wear a Shoei RF-900 and can see when I'm as far down as I can get. Is that one of the lids you tried?
rock.gif

Just put on a Double Bubble windscreen, then you will have no need to tuck, or can do it easier. With my DB I don't even feel the wind until 130 or so.

Tucking will always give you less drag and afew more miles per hour at the top. Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I can see very well ot of my Nolans, however I do have to pus them up once I start down.

you need to get a doublebubble screen .. i am 6'5 and have not problems.. with the db screen... so far only been up to 175 indicated.. ran out of room lol

Just put on a Double Bubble windscreen, then you will have no need to tuck, or can do it easier.  With my DB I don't even feel the wind until 130 or so.
What he said...
NO.

Don't want to screw up the meticulously designed aerodynamics.
Dude, get a double bubble drag profile. Get in under the shield. Less wind drag for us portly riders. It's actually better than stock. I think Suzuki used a 120lb japanese test rider for it's windshield positioning. I'm not 120lb. more like 200+lb and from the front, you CAN'T see me except the top of my helmet when I'm tucked. I use a custom CF tank which helps me get down also.

click on Suzuki and then click on the low-boy tank.

Guy

Just put on a Double Bubble windscreen, then you will have no need to tuck, or can do it easier.  With my DB I don't even feel the wind until 130 or so.
What he said...
NO.

Don't want to screw up the meticulously designed aerodynamics.
Dude,  get a double bubble drag profile.  Get in under the shield.  Less wind drag for us portly riders.  It's actually better than stock.  I think Suzuki used a 120lb japanese test rider for it's windshield positioning.  I'm not 120lb.  more like 200+lb and from the front, you CAN'T see me except the top of my helmet when I'm tucked.  I use a custom CF tank which helps me get down also.

click on Suzuki and then click on the low-boy tank.

Guy
Okey dokey.

Judging by your sig, it seems you've got a pretty good handle on the aerodynamic effects...  222mph!!!  
eek2.gif

Other problem is this:

I'm about 250 lbs., but 6'3" too, and my body REALLY feels like it wants the legs back further to get my chin down on the tank.

Are rearsets available?

<!--EDIT|PacerX
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088173055 -->

Back