Big Tire Busa's!

kazukiman

Registered
Well I just got back from Bike Week in Daytona, and I sure did see alot of "long swingarm BIG Tire Sportbikes! It seems like the hangout for these machines was at the Hess gas station on RT 92, next to the speedway. Busa's led the way, with some R1's and of course the famed GSXR series. There were also some Ninja's and some Hondas. I seen a new entry joining the ranks, it was a new Kawasaki ZX14 with a "360 REAR TIRE! Special swingarm with the dual sprocket setup for that one. That bike was on display at the Kawasaki Tents at the speedway. KInd of outrageous! It appeared that these bikes were all licensed with Florida plates. I guess with having nicer weather year round, as well as straight and flat smooth roads, these bikes should ride well with those setups. They did look great with all the chrome. What doesn't? Tom

I think once you go past 250 in the rear, it start to look silly...
a freind of mine has a 330 on his busa, and is building a single sided 360 for his zx14, and he admits it takes the fun out of sportbiking... But he loves th look... {and has a sick 06 gixxer 1000 for when he wants to reallyride}....
Ill admit I do stop and look at the big tire busa at all the shows....

Yeah, i don't like anything bigger then a 240, otherwise they look to fake.

I miss Daytona already!
beerchug.gif

Wath's the point of owning a sports bike if you have a 330 tire along 2 inches of chicken strip on it...

Sorry for all you fat tires lovers but for me a sport bike is for dragging the knee, a well tune 109R can do the 180 mark in a straith line... I know the Busa aint the best for curves but it's the best all around tourring bike tought...

Like this one
Daytona044.jpg

Sport bikes like the Busa is for this
03837.jpg

anything over 200 is not for me If i wanted a trailer queen i would have bought a Harley . To each his own nice to look at but wouldnt own one . Would like to have a single sided 200 though like that look and can still carve..

(Varlo @ Mar. 12 2007,16:32) Wath's the point of owning a sports bike if you have a 330 tire along 2 inches of chicken strip on it...

Sorry for all you fat tires lovers but for me a sport bike is for dragging the knee, a well tune 109R can do the 180 mark in a straith line... I know the Busa aint the best for curves but it's the best all around tourring bike tought...

Like this one
Daytona044.jpg

03837.jpg
Like the Tee
laugh.gif

(dadofthree @ Mar. 12 2007,21:03)
(Varlo @ Mar. 12 2007,16
zzwhip.gif
) Wath's the point of owning a sports bike if you have a 330 tire along 2 inches of chicken strip on it...

Like this one
Daytona044.jpg

03837.jpg
Like the Tee  
laugh.gif
I agree, the T looks good, but would look better in that pic with some gear other than just a helmet
crazy.gif

just my.02 but i just like looking at all of them. some mods are not for me but that is what makes bikes art. I say make your bike the one you want, and appreciate the rest
beerchug.gif

Bikes like those are strictly for show... and some people like to show. I personally love the look of the 300mm tire with the single-sided swingarm, but I wouldn't have it. Not unless it was primarily a show-bike and I was reaping the rewards of dumping wads of cash into a show-bike setup.

Back