Busas with 360 tires

dezzy7

Registered
I've got to admit I was at Daytona Bikeweek at the Metric Revolution and lost count of the Busas I saw sporting 360 tires and single sided swingarms.. I also saw several Busa powered custom cruisers ....

I was really surprised by the 360 on the busas. The paint on them looked great, but I thought putting a tire that big on a busa would kill the handling on the bike.

In the time I've been off my busa has the 360 tire become the be-all for the busa? What size tires are popular these days?

Tell you what... I made me feel old --I remember when the 240s were all the rave on a busa ..."Ahhh those were the good ol days"
laugh.gif

360 kills the handling
sad.gif
just depends if your into the bling bling...or ya want to hit the twisties on what tires are the shiayt
argue.gif

180/55/17 is the best for the twisties, I still run a 200 for my type of riding.

(Gunnybusa @ Apr. 07 2007,21:31) 180/55/17 is the best for the twisties, I still run a 200 for my type of riding.
Come home Bro....we miss ya.

Thread jacker, I know. Sorry

(Devil Dog @ Apr. 07 2007,21:34)
(Gunnybusa @ Apr. 07 2007,21:31) 180/55/17 is the best for the twisties, I still run a 200 for my type of riding.
Come home Bro....we miss ya.

Thread jacker, I know. Sorry
Man you have no idea how bad I want to be home, then again Im sure you do
beerchug.gif

(dezzy7 @ Apr. 08 2007,00:25) I've got to admit I was at Daytona Bikeweek at the Metric Revolution and lost count of the Busas I saw sporting 360 tires and single sided swingarms.. I also saw several Busa powered custom cruisers ....

I was really surprised by the 360 on the busas. The paint on them looked great, but I thought putting a tire that big on a busa would kill the handling on the bike.

In the time I've been off my busa has the 360 tire become  the be-all for the busa? What size tires are popular these days?

Tell you what... I made me feel old --I remember when the 240s were all the rave on a busa ..."Ahhh those were the good ol days"  
laugh.gif
Hey dez, nice to hear from you again dude. Did you ever get another Busa?
rock.gif

Myself, I love to sport the 190/<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>55</span> rear
wink.gif

beetween 1 and 10
you cant say I have a 1 and see bikes with the 10 and compare it to anything with out trying the 3 the 5and the 8.
with that said I can say 360 okay for show and straitght lining or crusing, 330 same, 300 mild good handling basepoi:thumbsup:nt for wild custom and then you can say 280 just fat tire very comparable to stock 250/240 same ass stock with minimum upgrades.

You can corner just fine on a 330 tire Busa. Ask BigRod1300 over on EBC.

Back