Big three bailout

Jbabycsx

Registered
I'm kindof ticked off that more people are not demanding congress to make the big three get off their butts and finally take bigger steps towards electric powered cars. They have a perfect chance to do it now when the big three are on their knees begging for help. Any thoughts on this?????

Nice! Just goes to show that China and India are leaps and bounds ahead of us in energy R&D. They do it because they are overpopulated, they have no choice. Soon America will have to follow suit. Its a shame that most Americans dont see the road we are heading down.

best idea i've heard so far is instead of taking taxpayer money and giving it to the automakers, why don't they send every legal American tax-paying adult a voucher toward a new American built vehicle...keeps the automobile industry afloat, keeps the workers employed, and gives me something for my tax dollars instead of them taking them and just giving them away...i know there would be a lot more involved to do this than it would take to just give the money away but something should be able to be worked out...i'm tired of them just giving my money away to whoever cries the loudest

best idea i've heard so far is instead of taking taxpayer money and giving it to the automakers, why don't they send every legal American tax-paying adult a voucher toward a new American built vehicle...keeps the automobile industry afloat, keeps the workers employed, and gives me something for my tax dollars instead of them taking them and just giving them away...i know there would be a lot more involved to do this than it would take to just give the money away but something should be able to be worked out...i'm tired of them just giving my money away to whoever cries the loudest

Gee, what a great idea. :thumbsup:

Funny they can't think of that huh? It's not about helping you rather it's about power.

r8

I'm kindof ticked off that more people are not demanding congress to make the big three get off their butts and finally take bigger steps towards electric powered cars. They have a perfect chance to do it now when the big three are on their knees begging for help. Any thoughts on this?????

Great, lets ask nancy, harry and frank to design cars for us to since the auto maker will be beholden to them at this point..i personnely think the electric market will have to come about because people want to buy them, but as things stand now the technology is not there to make these cars practical and take the place of the current vehicles we use.

There is also the problem of energy to power these cars...no drilling, no coal, no nuke power, as well as the amount of energy & polution it takes to manufacture electrics. Heck, the big three have been so hammered by the govt. in opperational cost here in this country, not to mention the unions ideology that puts their agenda first and the nations second, they have no discrestionary income to devlope and manufacture these vehicles and will not have any as long the govt. and the unions have their hand in the kitty

just my 1cent worth:laugh:

GM needs to to file for a BK

They do not have a working business model and they lose money on each car sold.

Why invest in a broken out dated business model

The airlines all went thru a BK and they are fine

Its a BIG wake up call that they need to get their ACT together

GM has more people on pension then on their payroll and the workers are some of the highest paid.

What happened to the idea that we pay people MORE MONEY if and when they make something of higher value.

GM cars have little resale value, yet they cost the most in labor to build - Duh!

What is wrong here is the basic business model is broken and needs to be fixed

Back