United Auto Workers Lash Out at GOP Senators Over Bailout Collapse

It would appear fairly obvious you are one of the "union" workers correct?

did you honestly think the demands placed upon the automakers were sustainable? you had a choice yourself... accept what they offered as to be fair in their view or hammer them to what you thought was fair..

As a business owner, I always let the employees tell me what was fair wages for their work and paid them accordingly .. :rofl:

you guys were brash enough to push for more money that was not there and sacrificed your job security in the process.. sorry but no pity, no compassion and surely no bailout.. Even if they throw you guys a bone, it will "not be enough" in your eyes..

sorry you're wrong once again, I am not an autoworker. I am a steelworker. Nothing I make goes on a car or road worthy vehicle. If autoworkers go down it really doesn't affect me anymore than it does anyone else except sooner or later the trickle effect will get to me.

if in fact the money wasn't there...then payment since 2007 wouldn't had happened.

I agree....sell off the companies...pay their debts and go on with life. In reality the guys getting screwed will be the guys who retired and lose their pensions. It will hit them harder than the guys actually working for a living and who are getting the blame for wages. The actual line workers will go work for Toyota at VERY slight losses if at all any.

its funny....

if a gm line worker actually makes $30/ hr and they cost gm 76 an hour(ie: $46 difference)

GM would have to hire people below $8/ hr by projected costs and would still be paying more per hour than Toyota. i would like to see how much of the $46/hr goes to actual current benefits and what goes towards pension benefits...

anything GM takes from pension benefits is basically defaulting on a loan in concept. Those workers have paid (via labor) for those benefits to be there. Like paying for insurance having to collect and the company says....oh we paid otu too many claims this year...so none for you regards of what you have paid in.

a steel worker that is not union? must not be many of those I would bet... I have watched a number of steel plants close (I drove coils for some years) because of the very same issues..

Ahh, Steelworker....it all makes sense now. Those were the guys camping out at my jobsite. Local 25 I think it was. They were looking for work then and I am quite sure they are looking for work now. All of the "illegal aliens" you refer to must pass INS screening by both our company and the client prior to stepping foot on our projects. Yes a lot of them are Mexican, yes they work for much less, yes, they are still working and I never hear one complaint from any of them.

Ahh, Steelworker....it all makes sense now. Those were the guys camping out at my jobsite. Local 25 I think it was. They were looking for work then and I am quite sure they are looking for work now. All of the "illegal aliens" you refer to must pass INS screening by both our company and the client prior to stepping foot on our projects. Yes a lot of them are Mexican, yes they work for much less, yes, they are still working and I never hear one complaint from any of them.

nah out Bush back in office, he planned to give them citizen status and tons of perks, including your jobs.

and I am not the type of steel worker I bet you are relating to.

aww pretty sure it was the democrats that were pushing the Amnesty issue for the millions of illegals.. (democratic voting base you know)..

This has been a fun conversation and just so you know, none of my jabs were directed to anyone specifically. Don't want anyone getting offended. :beerchug:

A perfect example od corporate stupidity......45K to walk away. Who could fault any of those workers for not taking it, though....chances are good that their jobs will be evaporated in the near future anyway. However, where is all the money coming from? Taxpayer funded bailout? Pure BS......

GM to offer buyouts to all hourly employees - Yahoo! News

Suspect they give up pension (which may or may not be there if they file CH 11 anyway)...
The irony is that when times get good (and someday they will again) that they will be rehiring some of these workes who get to keep the $45K!

Suspect they give up pension (which may or may not be there if they file CH 11 anyway)...
The irony is that when times get good (and someday they will again) that they will be rehiring some of these workes who get to keep the $45K!

they want guys to quit and be rehired.

Son, time are a changing...

I have a brother in law that is a Chrysler worker and I do know what he makes... your benefits are grossly under estimated in your own mind..

do you have a clue what it costs to provide your family with healthcare? the vacation days you get? the other benefits you conveniently forget about?

half pay... I can say with all honesty I have done the same work for less than half of what I make now and if I was threatened with having no job, no income and no options? hell yea I would take the pay cut..

If the guy sitting next to me is doing the same job for less money, then yes, I better do the smart thing... go to school and learn a job that uses your brain instead of your hands so much, or find a different job all together..

Seems to me, a lot of the "union" workers fail to see just how "cush" your jobs have been over a lot of years.. The automakers handed over the keys to the store for too many years and rather than preserve your resource, seems you all just milked it dry... the cash cow has died now..

I did not have any auto maker pay for one thin dime of my degree.. I paid for the thing 100%.. I have seen a hand full of auto workers offered 100% full ride opportunities to get college degrees... they quit... it was TOO HARD... gimme a fricken break.. how far can they dumb the system down? What I get a kick out of is they see the IT industry as their new cash cow... :rofl:

1. they are too lazy to learn it,
2. there are so many of them that they drive the prevailing wages down to crap at entry level if/when they get their little A+ or MP certificates.. They are still playing with the automated drink holder...

grow with the times, quit bawling (things are not changing kids) and get with the program.. either figure out how to get twice as much done, take a pay cut or "get outta da road"

you have never been or will ever be man enough to be my father or call me son.....lmao...you can preach all of the physco babble propaganda about "i need to work for less and just take it like a chump and go on with it"that u want...get real..dont waste your time justifying it to me cause you cant.if you dont like the fact that myself as well as many others collectively bargain our wages and benefits then maybe you should pack up your business and family and move to mexico or china and get some of that slave labor. to live a life of luxury at the expense of another human being is the true definition of greed..some one else does all of the hard labor while you rake in the cash...lmao...its your line of thinking and way of business that has put this country into the shape that its in...capitolism? dude...it doesn't work...want proof?....read the paper or watch the news...keep telling yourself that your way is the right way and that it still works...lmao.....stop complaining about the uaw and start complaining about the banks that fu..ked us all...theres something to complain about:poke:

This has been a fun conversation and just so you know, none of my jabs were directed to anyone specifically. Don't want anyone getting offended. :beerchug:

same here...all in the spirit of a heated conversation...everyone gets to vent their point and in the end its all good:cheerleader:

you have never been or will ever be man enough to be my father or call me son.....lmao...you can preach all of the physco babble propaganda about "i need to work for less and just take it like a chump and go on with it"that u want...get real..dont waste your time justifying it to me cause you cant.if you dont like the fact that myself as well as many others collectively bargain our wages and benefits then maybe you should pack up your business and family and move to mexico or china and get some of that slave labor. to live a life of luxury at the expense of another human being is the true definition of greed..some one else does all of the hard labor while you rake in the cash...lmao...its your line of thinking and way of business that has put this country into the shape that its in...capitolism? dude...it doesn't work...want proof?....read the paper or watch the news...keep telling yourself that your way is the right way and that it still works...lmao.....stop complaining about the uaw and start complaining about the banks that fu..ked us all...theres something to complain about:poke:
all of the physco babble propaganda
you can take it for what ever you want.. it takes a lot less brains than I have to see some serious changes are about and if you do not want to go with them, well join the masses of unemployed workers that are flooding into the market.. If I had a choice between my company packing its bags and moving out or taking a pay cut... I think I might consider the pay cut, reduction in benefits or what ever might be needed..

I personally have nothing to complain about, I saw changes coming and spent considerable time and resources learning the "new ways" and now make decent wages with great benefits and am not raking anyone over the coals..

I have at least half a dozen occupations I can make a good living at and I have a job where I can use any number of them in a given week to keep life fun.. I started at $10 an hour, learned what they needed, learned what others were doing and ended up replacing 3 different people here. Where payroll had to cover 4 people, they now have only me and so I make pretty good wages.. (too bad for the lazy)

My work is not really "work", it is how I spend my day doing different stuff I am getting paid to do.. The days of "single" skill jobs appear to be closing pretty rapidly..

Do not even sit there and tell me it is the "banks" fault.. it is not..

They did not tell some guy making 35G a year to buy a $200K house..
They did not tell some guy to take $100G in equity out of his existing house to buy toys
They did not force sub-prime loans (that was your dems)
They did not force some factory worker to figure out the easiest way to waste a day on the job

Spend all the time you want blaming others... I am going to find fixes in my own world..

yea could not possibly be line workers doing shoddy work...

I was a heavy line tech for GM and most of the issues we saw could have been easily rectified by a line worker that had given a hoot about the car.. instead is is "oh well, they will fix it under warranty"..

With the exception of the 5.7 olds diesel... GM has not had a lot of quality issues over all.. factory guys just slap crap together and could care less about how it works.. yea that is managements fault..

excess inventory.. so shut the line down for a week or 2 without pay... use up that stuff... Ooops forgot the union guys will scream they need paid for overproducing in the first place and paid to take the time off to let inventory balance out...

Union crybabies... I love right to work states...

sorry....missed this post....correct me if im wrong...you didnt work on the line at gm...as an employee....you were there to fix problems for gm...independent?...correct?

you can take it for what ever you want.. it takes a lot less brains than I have to see some serious changes are about and if you do not want to go with them, well join the masses of unemployed workers that are flooding into the market.. If I had a choice between my company packing its bags and moving out or taking a pay cut... I think I might consider the pay cut, reduction in benefits or what ever might be needed..

I personally have nothing to complain about, I saw changes coming and spent considerable time and resources learning the "new ways" and now make decent wages with great benefits and am not raking anyone over the coals..

I have at least half a dozen occupations I can make a good living at and I have a job where I can use any number of them in a given week to keep life fun.. I started at $10 an hour, learned what they needed, learned what others were doing and ended up replacing 3 different people here. Where payroll had to cover 4 people, they now have only me and so I make pretty good wages.. (too bad for the lazy)

My work is not really "work", it is how I spend my day doing different stuff I am getting paid to do.. The days of "single" skill jobs appear to be closing pretty rapidly..

They did not tell some guy to take $100G in equity out of his existing house to buy toys
They did not force some factory worker to figure out the easiest way to waste a day on the job

Spend all the time you want blaming others... I am going to find fixes in my own world..

Wells Fargo defends, then cancels Vegas junket - Yahoo! News

youve gotta be joking right? or you really just are that narrow minded?

so its not the bank's fault to even develop something in the lines of interest only roll over loans? Strange according to America, we can't market abortion or suicide drugs because people would have to be nuts to take them. Same concept with the loans. :poke:???:rofl:

But this is America where things that aren't good for you or can kill you are only allowed to be marketable if they generate enough money...I mean that is why tobacco products are still on the market right?

Back