Better to part out or sell as whole

turbobusa2000

Registered
Wondering what other members have considered when selling their beloved Busa's? I'm considering selling my 00' model that has been turbocharged. I understand that I'm not going to recoup the costs of the items I've purchased. Just wondering what your thoughts are on parting versus selling as a whole.

Maybe I should just hang on to this thing.

Well first consideration may be how fast do you want or need the money? Because when parting out you have to wait until most or all parts have been sold, or you may not want to continuously deal with folks tire kicking who aren’t really serious. You still deal with the tire kickers if you sell it whole but overall it should be less interactions than selling piece by piece. Parting out may bring more money selling whole may get it out of your hair quicker

Details on the bike?

part out you might not get all you money vs selling the bike as a whole. Depending on how far you go on a part out. If you do part it out make sure you get payments for the major stuff first before tearing the bike apart.

Maybe I should just hang on to this thing.
Yup.

You might get half the value of the bike. Maybe more than half if you're willing to wait a long time. Again, a bit more than half if you part out. Unless you just don't have the room, might as well keep it.

Can Go both ways . Sometimes back to stock for sale , and sell mods net the most $$$$ usually if one has retained OEM stuff . Personally done it both ways and part out brought in about 20% more than a outright sale . The ones sold complete were to good friends , and did not mind the loss as it felt good to know it was going to live on not being butchered up by the unknown.
Remember part out takes TIME , shipping money , trips to shippers , and waiting .

Back