Part out, or sell whole?

StrtRac3r

Registered
So I have a salvaged 02, running an riding (needs right plastic and other minor parts + paint) i want to upgrade but I'm impatient. Have any members parted out a whole bike? If so how long did it take you? And for other input which would you do and how much would you expect to get out of it? (22k miles, and all good lights and usable plastics except right side)

Also has Corbin front and rear
Power commander and yoshimura 4-2-1

(this isn't a sale thread, please don't ask for my seats. Just getting ideas)

I've heard you can sometimes get just as much or more for your bike parting it out. But I've also heard the e-bay route, or just shipping in general can become a real pain and time consuming. Plus the e-bay fee's get kinda high I've heard. I'm lazy and would just sell it complete and running.

The Big Red One said:
I've heard you can sometimes get just as much or more for your bike parting it out. But I've also heard the e-bay route, or just shipping in general can become a real pain and time consuming. Plus the e-bay fee's get kinda high I've heard. I'm lazy and would just sell it complete and running.

Agreed. You can probly make a bit more parting it out, its just weather the time and trips to the post office are worth it to you.

Smellphone via Forum Runner

That's what I was leaning towards, I can be honest with myself about my lazyness. If an 02 clean title private party goes for 4,800-5,500 around me does 3200 sound fair or is that too much?

StrtRac3r said:
That's what I was leaning towards, I can be honest with myself about my lazyness. If an 02 clean title private party goes for 4,800-5,500 around me does 3200 sound fair or is that too much?

Sounds about right to me.

Smellphone via Forum Runner

ill give you 400 shipped for the forks steering head (upper and lower) controls bars etc and front and rear rims lol dont really need them but they would be a good addition for my chopper project

you can get another 500-1000 for the motor 500 for the salvage frame

youll make more parting it out. havent parted out a busa but i parted out a banshee 4 wheeler. i couldnt even sell it for $3500. when i parted it out i made over $5000 it was a PITA but it was well worth it to me.

list it here, psychobike and ebay. itll be gone in at about 2 weeks. frame and everything if you have a clean title. sell motor and tranny together. beware of shipping, it can get expensive.

ebay fees are getting ridiculous(about 9% of total,including shipping). they now charge a % for your shipping fees so be careful.

not sure what youll get alltogether but it will be more than selling it whole. go on ebay and see what some of the parts are going for. then price yours a little lower. thats what i do. my .02

if you got any short velocity stacks ill take em.

used to be put it on flea bay. Require buyers to contact you before bidding. Sell outside of flea bay cancel auction. No fee.

Back