best way to tie down the busa

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
I currently use a canyon dancer for hauling the busa, however usually with only one bike on the trailer. When I get two bikes on there, the canyon dancer positioning for the straps requires me to wrap them with some very soft, non-abrasive cloth to prevent rubbing/paint removal.

I have seen some tie downs that go in the stem, thus keeping things off the handlebars. I can't seem to find where to buy those at
rock.gif

Anyone care to comment on their method of choice and have some links to get the things needed to haul the bike?

Thanks in advance
cool.gif

I must agree, after screwing up both my upper fairings while towing my bike I saw the condor unit at the motorcycle show. by far the best wat to haul or store for that matter any type of bike.
Jay

I have used the Canyon Dancer quite a bit and it does become a little bothersome putting a non-abrasive cloth around the straps, but not generally a problem. I also use the Yoyodyne sliders as a quick replacement for the sliders on the bike and tie it down that way.

I'm so glad this topic came up. I need to trailer my bike this weekend, so I need something asap! I have an enclosed trailer with a cheap wheel chock, but am SERIOUSLY considering a Condor.

Do they really secure your bike as well as they claim? Where is the best place to shop for one of these?

T.I.A.

I'm so glad this topic came up.  I need to trailer my bike this weekend, so I need something asap!  I have an enclosed trailer with a cheap wheel chock, but am SERIOUSLY considering a Condor.

Do they really secure your bike as well as they claim?  Where is the best place to shop for one of these?  

T.I.A.
I use the Baxley and it works great in the garage...very secure with a mechanical lock for the chock that comes on it. Never used it on a trailer, but hardware for that purpose is available. Would still use fore and aft tiedowns for trailering though.Got mine from.... took 2 days to get here.

http://www.indysuperbike.com

Zuk, after trailering to the meet and greet last August, bought a Baxley sportchock. The only way to go....baxley

baxley!! it's all about quality! Nothing cheep about the way they are built. I'm willing to bet no one that owns one has anything bad to say about them. I will never do with out one. Can mount to a trailer or truck bed, 2 straps needed from the foot peg to the front and thats it. solid as a rock. (strap are only needed when transporting in a truck or trailer) The sport chock fits the busa like a glove.

<!--EDIT|rpm9001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134403592 -->

Zuk, after trailering to the meet and greet last August, bought a Baxley sportchock. The only way to go....baxley
Perfect
cool.gif

So now which one do I need? They have the LA Chock, LA Trailer Chock and Sport Chock

I'll be trailering to Deals Gap in the spring time and I'll be trailering (most likely) to Cyclefest this coming summer so sounds like a good investment, just not sure which to get.

Thanks for all the input from everyone
smile.gif

Not sure about the Baxley, but the Condor is easily adjustable for just about any tire diameter. I know some of these are not adjustable. I have several different bikes with different tire diameters so this is handy to have.

The Condors aren't as "swoopy" looking as some, but they are solid, fold up for storage, can be used free standing and pop in and out of the trailer easily leaving only a small bracket behind.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134404583 -->

Condor_Chocks.jpg

Got the Condor for less money than the Baxley and it does the job.....
I cannot believe how easy it is to load my bike. Less than a minute from start to finish.

If you want one you can use amost any bike the baxley la chock is perfect, it's adjustable. The sport chock will fit any sportbike 120/70 - 17"

Back