Tie down with canyon dancer II

daviesmi

Registered
Ok I'm sure this has been beat to death, I'm getting read to head for Daytona for bike week and I'll be trailering the busa down. I was going to buy a set of Canyon Dancer II to tie down the front end. The problem is there is a notice on the package about squeezing the bar ends. My question is has anyone used this on a bike equipped with a throttle mister bar end? Will the canyon dancer cause any damage to this setup????

I did a search but came up empty for this configuration.

I used these for a 500 mile trip with my Busa and had no real issues. I would recommend wrapping rags around the bar ends to keep the Canyon Dancer cups from scratching the paint on the weights. There were some slight imprints on my grips from the cups, but they worked themselves out fairly quickly.

I stuffed some rag materiel into the cup itslef so it will not mar the barends up.
I dont know about others but I stil dont trust the Canyon dancer II.
But the CDI moves my grips inward.
My Busa is the only one I tie down with CDs.

I used them to haul my bike from Las Vegas to Tucson and it broke my Throttle meister. I haven't had the time to look at it and see what exactly happen but I know my Throttle meister won't hold the throttle now.

I should also tell you that I put my bike in a front wheel chock stand and then used the back passenger pegs to hold the bike in place. The cannon dancers were only there to help stabilize the bike and had very little weight on them because I don't like to compress my forks while traveling.

I used them to haul my bike from Las Vegas to Tucson and it broke my Throttle meister. I haven't had the time to look at it and see what exactly happen but I know my Throttle meister won't hold the throttle now.

I should also tell you that I put my bike in a front wheel chock stand and then used the back passenger pegs to hold the bike in place. The cannon dancers were only there to help stabilize the bike and had very little weight on them because I don't like to compress my forks while traveling.

That's what I needed to know. Now is there a good way to tie down the front on a bike equiped with Trottle Meister? I'm using a uhaul trailer so a wheel ckock wont help.

Guys, instead of putting strapping on your handle bars..take a look at my 750 racer sliders...you just drill one side of the delrin and put the hooks through there...it is the perfect solution...take a look

bike 750 details 006.jpg

bike 750 details 007.jpg

I saw that before but I dont have frame sliders, so this is not an option for me. Thanks for the thought though.

Sorry I don't have a working solution for you. My only suggestion would be to take the throttlemeister off and put the original bar ends back on if you have them. This would eliminate the problem and the cannon dancers would work fine then. :beerchug:

Tie it down from the lower tripple instead of from the bars. Make sure your straps are outside of the brake lines. This is the best pic I could find of the front tied down.

101_2898.JPG

Back