Canyon Dancer test drive

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
North Carolina here I come, 981 miles from AR, with a Canyon dancer and using the same down straps to tie the back wheel. I needed Hal's Busa hospital if you see all the crap loaded on two trucks after that pic.

So, let's see if this little strap passes the test, will update later.

Canyon.jpg

They will be fine. I loaded my Busa up and used Canyon Dancer straps for a 981 mile drive back from Corbin's Wizard Shop. I checked the tension at every gas stop. Nothing was even remotely loose, and I never had to adjust them.

Have a safe trip.

I would have had the rear straps on the passenger pegs. Those straps are gonna eat into that back wheel ..

I took a busa from Chicago to VA a few weeks back using just a canyon dancer. Worked perfectly for the 899 mile trip! You'll be fine.

I used a canyon dancer to take my busa from louisana to ok and my wife drove it around for four days until I got home to unload it. Nothin loose and I just had a strap around the rear wheel to prevent from side to side movement.
Posted via Mobile Device

They should do fine. I have used a set from Texas to South Dakota with no issues. The new version with the cups for the grips works well also.

Just make sure they are not too tight and bend the bars.:beerchug:

Take that strap off the rear wheel, that many miles, it will scuff it pretty good if you have it tight. I put rags around the rear peg supports and use them, they are plenty strong. I don't have Canyon Dancers...I just looped them around the ends of the bars.

In the pic below didn't use the rags, but didn't hurt or scuff at all. That was a 2500mi round trip from Daytona to Kansas City & back.

IMG_0191.jpg

I likes the chocks for hauling the heavy Busa :dunno:

I used a canyon dancer and four straps using rear pegs. Be careful with the dancers and your controls....... :whistle:

Run your straps through the canyon dancer like in the pic below so you do not contact the fairings. Hook the back on the passenger peg brackets. I have logged thousands of miles this way with the R1 and four trips with the new Busa. Today, I tried the Baxter chock for the first time. I felt more at ease with the canyon dancer since the chock did slide a little bit. I only had two tie downs so I may use four next time.

DSC03234.JPG

I loved my canyon dancer!
from denver to el paso
no worries no problems
any extra straps will be for "piece of mind" IMO.

so much so. I went back to the place I got it from. ended up BS'n with the parts manager. he wasn't pushing them on his customers because he never had a chance to use it.

he is now!!

the pink towel in the first pic is a must for my set up! idk bout "pink"!! but some sort of soft cloth!
Posted via Mobile Device

We arrived safely at Knoxville TN, so far so good, bike is stable. Thanks for the heads up on scuffing the back wheel, but no sign so far. Due to the weight of the bike, seems there is no movement where the strap was around the wheel. Second leg tomorrow, should arrive in Pinehurst after noon.

Saw one Busa flying past us, wearing Suzuki leathers on the I40 East AR. Anyone here?

Next Busa near Nashville TN pulled over by a cop on the I40.?

Today I hauled the bike back home after picking my truck up from the shop. I used the Baxter chock and the canyon dancer with the four straps. I made many, many trips with my R1 secured with four straps and the canyon dancer. I never had a problem. I had to put a piece of wood in front of the front tire on the Busa because the fender would contact the truck bed. Often when secured, the wheel would turn a bit and scare the hell out of me. This worked very well and was extremely secure. The only real difference from Dadofthree is that I attached two straps from the rear of the bed. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

DSC03246.JPG

DSC03247.JPG

Just my .02 I used canyondancers for years, till the shop wrench from sport rider & super streetbike gave me a "Cycle-Cinch" to use. I will never go back. no more ruined grips or busted switches

The Cycle Cinch looks like a nice alternative to the Canyon Dancer. I do think that the Dancer is a bit rough on the grips. I hate having to fix them when we stop to ride.

Anyone else with some experience in the Cycle Cinch?

SoCal to the most North/West point of Washington with no scratches or problems using a Canyon Dancer. Be safe and have a good trip. :cheerleader:

Arrived safely, just over 1,000 miles Canyon Dancer passed test, no scuffs everything good, but crazy, almost hit a deer in Pinehurst with bike after offloading.

Angel on my shoulder. After arriving at the little place we are renting, wifey and I drove the truck and found a little hill one mile away to use my ramp. Unloaded, no gear just a helmet. She turned onto the road with the truck and I had to wait for some traffic to pass before turning and catching up. At about 50 mph this deer came out of nowhere, must have missed by a couple of thousands of an inch. Phew, first close call since starting riding again.

Lucky!!!

Arrived safely, just over 1,000 miles Canyon Dancer passed test, no scuffs everything good, but crazy, almost hit a deer in Pinehurst with bike after offloading.

Angel on my shoulder. After arriving at the little place we are renting, wifey and I drove the truck and found a little hill one mile away to use my ramp. Unloaded, no gear just a helmet. She turned onto the road with the truck and I had to wait for some traffic to pass before turning and catching up. At about 50 mph this deer came out of nowhere, must have missed by a couple of thousands of an inch. Phew, first close call since starting riding again.

Lucky!!!

On the way back wrap a rag around the rear wheel to stop any scuffing that might occur, ( Just a thought )

Hey, JR! It's been a long time since Eureka Springs! Good to hear from you and is this a special trip? Close call with the deer, my brother. They need to have signs for the deer about motorcycle crossings! :laugh: Have fun and a safe trip! :beerchug:

Back