Best way to remove warning stickers?

Blubaru

Registered
What's the best way to remove those pesky warning labels that ship on the bike? More specifically, the sticky gunk underneath.

Everything but the tank just peels off easy. I used goo gone or something like that, plenty of elbow grease. Oh, use a hair dryer to peel it off.

Hair dryer. Heat them up a little wheat as you peal. Winded will take the adhesive residue off.

No need for any Goo Gone or any of that stuff. Just use a hair dryer and peel it away carefully..... no residue, no mess.

Old credit card and elbow grease and Goo Gone. Good luck, it will take 1/2 hour! Take your time! I wish I had tried the hair dryer.

Ok. Thanks for the advice, all.

I took off the octane sticker so far. Used the hair dryer but the sticker still left some nasty sticky gunk behind.

OK you may not like my method but it worked like a charm, brace yourself! I used a sharp chisel to get under the sticker, if you're skilled the blade of the chisel will glide over the paint and remove any stubborn sticker or decal and for adhesive residue I used, brace yourself again, I used good old diesel fuel on a cloth. I know, I know sounds crazy but it worked for me, and you guys have seen my bike not a blemish in sight from the procedure. A sharp chisel, some diesel fuel, a little skill and some patients does the trick. Remember to clean the area after using the diesel fuel.

Sorry goo gone but diesel or even gasoline removes adhesive residue that's why the decals on the tank are under clear coat. Think about it

No need for any Goo Gone or any of that stuff. Just use a hair dryer and peel it away carefully..... no residue, no mess.
+ 1 on the hair dryer + a little WD40 if you have any residue. Mine came off totally clean but if it's leaving some sticky behind try getting it a little hotter next time.

nope. says right on the front "also excellent for removing grease, oil, stains, tar, and (LABELS)" :) just don't get an open flame near it!

i threw some water on a towel and wiped it down after I got all the goo off tho. just to make sure.

Use hair dryer/heat gun, warm the decals, peel off. Then use adhesive remover and a soft rag to soak down the adhesive. It will only take a couple of minutes to remove them completely. It is what I use to remove/replace them on vehicles before I put new ones on. If you were doing more then just the bike the I would suggest plastic razor blades. Yes they make them and they work great to remover the adhesive after it has been soaked down.

Blubaru said:
Ok. Thanks for the advice, all.

I took off the octane sticker so far. Used the hair dryer but the sticker still left some nasty sticky gunk behind.

Just use some wd40 and it will come right off. Throw some wax on it and call it good.

If you ever decide to take the frame stickers off, save yourself some hassle and buy a set of these:

4icQCR_rGmCjCRQ0QLZbh99hIxjnta2XYrfImDIG3wwGu28NhJHhL-N-mosLJBx_IQKFzBdGwotY_zLdexvUmf9j-NnheL7Pu47FsxffT0dAAhVZwilYgcJAi92p8nxShBz1YOyPvQcZ8-LN744Ehpqubj9S0knbhJL0GKqqLP0vbHx3IA4nyIY-8IR2hBpt9upqFNiX85_9V_LqDgD5

Performance Tool W83199 2pc Plastic Chisel Set

Back