Best Sunglasses for EVERYTHING !

Heck Said, Lamb probably used the plastic crap. Love them for the water, and driving. But when riding, was left less than satisfied only because of the snakes or asphault repair. Definitely reflected, or looked wet. Just a lil disconcerting. Lamb is sure these are first rate and didn't mean to diss your product at all, was just conveying simple thoughts on experience Lamb had with polarized shades.

Lamb no dis taken my org brudder :beerchug:
And yes lenses of lessor quality will do that .
Not only that but will give me tremendous eye strain and headache.
Costas won't I GaaaaaaayRunTeeeeee it .:laugh:
Just try a pair on next time your at the mall .
1000% diff between a nice pair of polarized glass and plastic lenses.

ps......you forgot one 'I' in my name . Now that will get you a :poke:

I bought a pair of UVex transition safety glasses from my Mac tool man, they work great. Go dark when it's sunny, and clear when it's not. Very stylish look. About $80.00.:thumbsup:

Polarized lenses will reflect back a purple tinge when viewed through the visor of a helmet as most visors are plastic the only way to stop this is to ride with your visor open. It is best the try your new sunglasses on with your helmet on and visor down and walk into the sun light before you buy them.

You can have your Oakleys and all others and even I had a pair of Blades yrs ago when they first came out. Wore them to beach went to wipe em off, towel had a grain of sand on it and viola garbage !

You sir have insulted my birthday present :dontgetit:
And you know you didn't have these :nono:

OAKLEYS FTW!!! Best lense for your retina's for long term use that will not cause eye fatigue.

Who wipes their glasses off at the beach w/out 1st rinsing them in clean water anyhow! :banghead: :spank:

Last edited:
Polarized lenses will reflect back a purple tinge when viewed through the visor of a helmet as most visors are plastic the only way to stop this is to ride with your visor open. It is best the try your new sunglasses on with your helmet on and visor down and walk into the sun light before you buy them.

Aussie are you talking about polarized plastic lenses or GLASS ?
Reason I ask is after many yrs of wearing Costas and looking thru my visor I have never seen a 'purple' tinge as you refer to ?

OAKLEYS FTW!!! Best lense for your retina's for long term use that will not cause eye fatigue.

Who wipes their glasses off at the beach w/out 1st rinsing them in clean water anyhow! :banghead: :spank:

Unless your Oakleys are a Glass lense it cannot be as clear and fatigueless as a glass one (is that a word ? fatigueless..:laugh:)

And I wipe my Costas off on the boat on the beach anywhere I want. Yes when water is available sure I rinse them but it is not always available and I have no fear cuz the glass will not scratch.
Come to Florida and see how many are wearing Oakleys compared to Costas. I was on the beach this past saturday morning and as usual it looked like a Costa convention..:laugh:

Maui Jims are excellent shades no doubt about it but I think it will be difficult to find a pair thats comparable to the Costas for round about same price.
Same quality Mauis as said in thread are close to $250 while a good pair of Costas online are around half.
Have friends and Capts who use the Mauis as well as Ocean Waves as mentioned in your thread link Busaman.
I just have had great exp with Costas and cant complain about them in any way at all.
Just sharing my happiness is all...:beerchug:

Since pics are usually the order of the day here you go..

Took these at 12:30pm with my Iphone looking thru them so make your own judgements as of course a phone can never be the same..

BEFORE....
COSATPICS007-1.jpg

AFTER...LOOKING THRU THEM...
COSATPICS001-1.jpg

PUDDLE OF WATER WITH TIRE TRACKS GOING THRU IT...
BEFORE...
COSATPICS004-2.jpg

AFTER....LOOKING THRU THEM AT SAME PUDDLE OF WATER..
COSATPICS006-1.jpg

costa del mars are nice. unless they are safety stamped im not supposed to wear them at work. most glass lenses are not, at least that i have seen.
right now i have wiley x shades for work. but i like the costas, my auditor on a job had some. the clarity and polarization was close to the oakleys i had. for the same price though the next shades i get are probably gonna be the del mars. been trying to find someone that retails them so i can checkout all their frames.

Costa's look good , I'll have to give then a try .. Oakleys I would NOT have even for FREE. Just a personal grudge . The Oakley co. has absolutely p*ss Poor business ethics.. & half of what they sell in now made in Chinaland Yet same full price.. Sorry guys I just saw an opening to dog on them ... But yes I will check out the Coata's .. thanks

You can have your Oakleys and all others and even I had a pair of Blades yrs ago when they first came out. Wore them to beach went to wipe em off, towel had a grain of sand on it and viola garbage !

You sir have insulted my birthday present :dontgetit:
And you know you didn't have these :nono:

Those are some hot glasses! I'm just sayin'

Aussie are you talking about polarized plastic lenses or GLASS ?
Reason I ask is after many yrs of wearing Costas and looking thru my visor I have never seen a 'purple' tinge as you refer to ?

Unless your Oakleys are a Glass lense it cannot be as clear and fatigueless as a glass one (is that a word ? fatigueless..:laugh:)

And I wipe my Costas off on the boat on the beach anywhere I want. Yes when water is available sure I rinse them but it is not always available and I have no fear cuz the glass will not scratch.
Come to Florida and see how many are wearing Oakleys compared to Costas. I was on the beach this past saturday morning and as usual it looked like a Costa convention..:laugh:

Blanca did a check with my man who fixes glasses and he said that it depends on what is used in the make up of the lenses be it plastic or glass with the plastic more likely to show the tinge but some glass will do the same....He is a handy friend to have fixes my glasses when ever I break the frame or scratch a lense:thumbsup:

Maui Jims are excellent shades no doubt about it but I think it will be difficult to find a pair thats comparable to the Costas for round about same price.
Same quality Mauis as said in thread are close to $250 while a good pair of Costas online are around half.
Have friends and Capts who use the Mauis as well as Ocean Waves as mentioned in your thread link Busaman.
I just have had great exp with Costas and cant complain about them in any way at all.
Just sharing my happiness is all...:beerchug:

Since pics are usually the order of the day here you go..

Took these at 12:30pm with my Iphone looking thru them so make your own judgements as of course a phone can never be the same..

BEFORE....
COSATPICS007-1.jpg

AFTER...LOOKING THRU THEM...
COSATPICS001-1.jpg

PUDDLE OF WATER WITH TIRE TRACKS GOING THRU IT...
BEFORE...
COSATPICS004-2.jpg

AFTER....LOOKING THRU THEM AT SAME PUDDLE OF WATER..
COSATPICS006-1.jpg

Rook to the crowds glasshopper,
That is where you will see the difference!

I've owned two pair of these before. I love em. Got a scratched up pair of Oakleys now b/c I cant walk into a shop here and buy a pair of Costa's. Best thing goin!!

I've owned two pair of these before. I love em. Got a scratched up pair of Oakleys now b/c I cant walk into a shop here and buy a pair of Costa's. Best thing goin!!

Maybe look for a Cabelas outfitter store there . They sometimes carry them .

I'll just wait til I get back to Georgia to get a pair. Its only a few more months:thumbsup:

I have had these since 1984 and have worn them a number of times.:laugh:

They are original Ray Ban Caribbeans, Jealous much?
J/K , But they are SoCool!
Bubba

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG

Ray Bans ,1984 ?
Hmmmm ok Sonny Crockett ! :)
Had a few pair myself .
Not yellow frames though , must be a CaliHoon thing
:bowdown:

I had several pair of the 'WayFairer' models Crockett had and man was I cool !
Along with my Refridgerator size Motorola cell phone
:rofl:

Back