Best Slip Ons for Busa?

racersir

Registered
Hi there help this newbie out I want to install some chrome slip ons just for cosmetic reasons, I saw the D&D slip Ons on ebay but my questions are? Do I need to modified anything if I install the slip ons like jetting or something like that. Also will these affect the motorcycle warranty? Is there any real HP gain from these Exhaust? Thanks in advanced for all your help

Slip-ons/bolt-ons are generally just for appearance purposes. No real horsepower gains and generally no other mods required. The PAIR mod or adding a PC can be done, but is usually not needed. Should have no impact on the warranty.

Since your bike is fuel injected you might need to install a power commander not jetting (jetting is for carburators). I am not sure that slip on would require a pc. But if you go to an after market air filter (K&N) and a full exhaust you have to get a pc to reset your a/f ratio. That is all a pc does.

Now for the D&Ds I have never heard any say if you get an hp/torque gain. I am sure there is some. But as you can see I have a set of D&D full dual exhaust and I love them!!! The sound is loud and deep, not whinning!!!

After all I don't really worry about the little hp/torque gain because the bikes are ungodly fast anyway, and there is someone that can always beat you. Sound means more to me than hp/torque gain.

Welcome to the board.
I really like the sound of Yosh slipons. If all you do is mufflers then there is no need to remap it.

Sliop ons are for looks and sound ony. You will not have to re-map or use a Power commader. The best are the bolts ons. Just on bolt the old but on the new.

I just installed a set of yosh rs-3 bolt ons with the race baffle last night. They sound great but I am having a backfiring problem on downshifts now. Bad enough that I am spewing flames out of the exhaust. I am taking it in tommorow and having it hooked up to the yosh box to see if they can do anything. Have any of you heard of this issue before??

Back