best place to find color matched paint for 09

roached

Registered
I want to remove all my decals and paint the grey panels black on my 09 black/grey. It has a little blue flake in it and only want to paint the grey panels...thanks

roached, I've got a 08 grey/black I'm looking for grey side panels to replace the black one's. trade?

I bought their small touch-up bottle w/ brush for my '08 Blue/Black. I purchased the Blue & upon using it, the match was terrible. The color was much darker and did not appear to have any flake in it, as the OEM color does.
Disappointing.

roached, I've got a 08 grey/black I'm looking for grey side panels to replace the black one's. trade?

if it ill work and yours are good i dont see wht not...no slight changes between 08 and 09? preety sure the black is the same but need to make sure the grey is

Disappointed too with the match. I have the grey 08 and the color they sent me was darker.

zx9r, your talking paint right?, actual painted panel's from suzuki should be a match (or close as can be) as long as the paint code is the same.

suzuki's paint process is the only way youll get a true match. same as a car, but motorcycle paint is a lot more sensitive to being resprayed as we simply cannot spray it as think as its done at the factory.

ppg does make suzuki's bike color codes, but the tint alone is $225/qt.

In talking to a couple of paint guys in my town. I've learned the the better auto body shops have a "special camera" I believe it (the camera & software) costs around 2 grand. It is held up close to a painted panel, photo taken, the the info is entered into a computer and they can custom mix the paint on-site. It may be worth looking in to in your area. - Al

Back