BEST air filter ???

CYCLEERIC

Biker Man
Donating Member
Registered
Stock
K&N
BMC Street or Race

Mine needs replacing and I want some of your opions on each .

Thanks

banner.jpg

I'm not an expert in the air filter department myself.. or any other department for that matter.. BUT.. I've been using the BMC (race) and don't have any complaints~ Like the K&N, it last a good long time and just needs a bit of cleaning every now and then~ It said to get much better air flow then stock filters, but I really couldn't attest that fact either~ Guess it all boils down to personal preference...
wink.gif

I have a k&n but most of the tuners will tell you the stock is just as good,the real flow is with a BMC.:)

According to extensive dyno tests by Brock, the stock filter is the best, K&N and BMC actually lose HP from the stocks.

Go with what you think is best, i have a KNN and have switched back to stock now, really can't feel a diff between them.

Just got a BMC (street) from Parts411 (cheapest I found). I'm putting in when I change the oil and put on the Muzzy fan I got in the same order.

I'll let let ya know if there is any change to the bike after that.

Stock is best.

The problem with aftermarket air filters is they need to be dirty to work and when their dirty they don't flow as advertised.

When clean they let through too much stuff that can scuff your cylinder walls.

I'll stick with stock.

Stock is best.

The problem with aftermarket air filters is they need to be dirty to work and when their dirty they don't flow as advertised.

When clean they let through too much stuff that can scuff your cylinder walls.

I'll stick with stock.
that is a false statement. I ran no filter just an empty air box for one year on a 1397 tore it down and sold the cyl and pistons, when the buyer received them he said" I thought these were used? they look new" except for a little cabor on the piston crowns.
most small stuff will burn up with the heat, yes you will score a wall but you would have to be running in a sand storm.
when I lived in Vegas I would just run a stetch peice of pantyhose on the inlet but stilll no filter

I have the K&N ...but I dont see any great advantage in having it, other than that you dont have to change your filter for a very long time!! Performance wise... i have not been able to notice any difference between and K&N and the stock!!

..cant comment on the BMC cause I have never used one!!

When clean they let through too much stuff that can scuff your cylinder walls. [/QUOTE]

laugh.gif
tell me your joking... your joking right

Quote: The problem with aftermarket air filters is they need to be dirty to work ... in L.A. they're dirty as soon as you start up the bike !!
laugh.gif

Back