Bentvalve down, car turned in front of him,

Wow I'm sorry to hear this. I hope he pulls through this ok.
He will. He is just too dam ornery not to.

The young lady that checked on him tonite called. He was doing his best to come out of the sedation...(go figure...only a woman could do that)
The nurse had to give him more drugs to keep him from moving about...I view that as good news.
They are waiting to do surgery until they get a good handle on his head situation...

Keep the prayers coming everyone!

I hope to get up there sometime in the next few days. Hopefully he will be concious when I go. I know we need to call first.

When James(BV) is up and around he and I will have words.

After all,I'm the only one on the board to win against the tuff lil bastid.

He will have no choice...but to accept OUR help.

BV is strong, but, I'm meaner,tuff'r, and bigger.  
biggrin.gif

We'll fix him up.  I'm already workin' on a plan.  
wink.gif

Rubb.
We just have to do it! He won't have a choice!!!! We really are his only family.

Yes Rub - you are the toughest!!!
tounge.gif

Sorry to hear about this one... Prayers sent for you BV. We're all wishing you a speedy recovery.

My Payers are going out to you BV ! You better recover so we can ride again ! Love you bro!

Let me know when you get something together Rubb!

WOW!  James has 2 moto families...:)  You guys/gals are great.  I'm the "young lady" who checked on BV.  Unfortunately I have gotten to know the trauma unit here in Seattle very well the past month or so.  I hate to learn one of my boys went down and it is harder to digest when I know them personally.  I will put a copy here of my most recent update over on PNWriders.  But first, some info. for the local WA members here on the .org

If you go visit James, please call ahead of time to see if it is a good time for him to have visitors. The direct line to the head nurse for TICU is 206-731-3510, he's in Rm 255. Like Eric (the other rider who went down) said, if they're busy with him, you won't be able to see him.

The doctors do their rounds in the evening between 7 - 8 so please do not go see him during these times. They have added a few more IV lines to him and he will be in the trauma ICU for a bit so if you don't get to see him today, he'll still be there.  Patients are NOT allowed flowers in the Trauma ICU so please do not send anything.  Besides, while I know James appreciates a picture of a beautiful sunset, he may not want smelly flowers that will wilt and die... save your $ for a better cause, such as any donation acct that may be set up for him.

I really hope James isn't going to kick my ass for popping up over here and posting up to keep you guys informed.  Maybe if I offer to cook him dinner when he gets released and back home will help smooth over his ruffled feathers.  Here is the update I promised.  MJN basicaly summed it up but here's further details.  

"He was doing his best to come out of the sedation...(go figure...only a woman could do that)"  MJN, you know my personality more than these members... did you ever doubt I would get a response out of him?  I swear/promise I was on good behavior when talking to him.  

I work one exit up the highway from the hospital and I will make sure to stop in and see him everyday til he goes home.  I know some of the members on here will post updates as they get them but if desired, I will post anything I learn too.  

UPDATE
Hearing voices can be good for the brain. I finally got in to see him. He does look pretty bad but not to the extent that I had imagined. While I was talking to him and reassuring him that his dogs will be taken of, his heartbeat did increase. I talked to him for a bit and just wanted him to know that members will help him with what he may need and that he just needs to concentrate on getting better.

I learned tonight, it is very obvious that he can hear whom ever is talking to him. I don't remember exactly what I was jibber-jawing about but I do know he reacted to my voice and touch. Freaked me a bit and I had to get the nurse's attention to ask her if it was ok that he was moving that much. He was moving his lips, tried to turn his head toward me, he squeezed my hand a several times, and he lifted his arm. I asked if his movements were involuntary or
rock.gif
The nurse said his movements were him reacting to me and it was great to see that he could pull himself out of the coma but... even though his brain pressure was still stable, she gave him more drugs to stop him from moving so much. I asked if she wanted me to stop talking to him because of his movements and she said no, that him hearing a familiar voice was good for him.

He is under restraints just in case he tries to yank out the breathing tube or any of the multiple iv's sticking out of him. The brain monitor, breathing tube, neck brace, and all the tubing hanging from him can be a bit intimidating so if you have even the slightest queezy stomach or don't like hospitals, I advise you don't show up yet. He will be there for awhile. They have NOT done surgery on his left leg yet. They want his brain and body to be more stable before putting him through major surgery. I only learned this when I asked why there was a sand bag hanging from the bed that led up to his leg... ... it was to keep the leg straight til surgery.

The ultimate outcome looks fairly good as far as brain wise... he will definitely have a long recovery for both his legs though.

Whitefire -

Welcome to the org

Thank you for popping in over here and giving us an update. it is good to hear that he has so many people watching over him and being with him..

Ron

Thanks for the updates, Whitefire. Please keep us posted.

--Wag--

So happy to hear that he is reacting to voices. A very good sign! Continued thoughts and prayers.
Whitefire thank you so much for the update.

My sincere hope for a quick and complete recovery!

RSD or whomever gets it done first Please send a pm with info on assistance fund. More than ready to send whatever I can to help!! I wish I was closer and could do more!!!!

Back