Beep beep

TXBusa05LE

Registered
I am simply passing on some info...don't blast me! Wonder if I could hear them over my 2 Bros?

Ever glance down at your instrument cluster only to discover that you’ve been riding along with your blinker on long after you needed it? This can be dangerous because other motorists think that you are going to make a turn and often feel free to turn in front of you.

You can’t hear the blinker relay clicking on a bike like you can in a car, so we need a more audible signal to remind us to turn off the blinker. This can be easily remedied using a neat little buzzer that you can pick up at your local Radio Shack store (part number 273-059 $3.29). Radio Shack actually has several 12-volt buzzers that would work with different decibel levels, but we chose this one because it’s tiny (about the size of a quarter) and it will work on both 6 and 12 volt wiring systems that are common to motorcycles and automobiles. The buzzer (actually a beeper) only has two wires that we need to connect. We want to connect the beeper’s black wire to your blinker’s ground wire. The beeper’s red wire will connect to the power wire to the blinkers. If you are not sure which wire is what, -simply try them one way and if the beeper doesn’t beep when you turn on the blinker then swap the beeper wires.

This method requires 2 beepers. Make sure your ignition key is turned off. Choose your front or rear blinkers, find their wires and attach the beeper wires to the blinker wires and plug them back in, attaching one beeper for the left blinker, and one for the right. You may have to trim back some of the blinker wire’s insulation to get some bare wire to connect the beeper wires to. You can solder the beeper wires to the blinker wires, but I chose to just tape the wires together so it’s easy to replace a beeper later if needed. Be sure to adequately cover any exposed wire with electrical tape. Position the actual beepers where you can hear them and use some double-stick foam tape or silicone glue to secure them with the beeper hole exposed. I taped mine to the wiring loom with electrical tape. Be sure to put them in a spot where water can’t get to them.

Now try them out! Take a test ride and make sure you have placed them in a spot where you can hear them in traffic. Drive safe!

I don't quite understand how people "forget" to cut their blinker off.  Sure we have a million other things to think about and be aware of but just add "is my blinker on" to the list.

Have you ever ridden w/ someone that has forgotten to kill their blinker?  That is so annoying.  My friends and I will ride and whoever is leading will decide where we're going.  Following one of them w/ their blinker on is a pain.  Make a conscience effort to remember your blinker.  It's really not that hard.  If you happen to ride w/ me and my blinker is on longer than necessary....feel free to smack me upside the head.  (keep in mind I'll return the favor when yours is on longer than necessary too)
smile.gif

Speaking of blinkers, I had a wierd thing happen last night. Every time I put my blinker on my flashers came on instead. It took me about a half hour and 4 stoplights to figure out what was going on. I guess I bumped my hazzard switch but only half way and it did not engage my flashers, just tripped when I put my blinkers on..... that buzzer thing is interesting, but I would think on a bike, You should notice if they are on.... You should be more aware on a bike....

i keep my thumb on the blinker button untill i do not need it.

i had that problem too but now halfway through the turn i cut it off.Its became a habit so i dont have to worry about it anymore.Try doing it and soon you will be doing it without even thinking about it unless of course you happen to be 70 yrs old.In that case i can forgive you for it.Otherwise bitchslapp

I rode my 'busa for almost 300 miles before I realized that you can PUSH the flasher button to cancel the turn signals. I rode around for days trying to just flick it back to the opposite side enough to cancel the flasher without turning on the other one. People couldn't figure out where the heck I was going!
laugh.gif

I rode my 'busa for almost 300 miles before I realized that you can PUSH the flasher button to cancel the turn signals. I rode around for days trying to just flick it back to the opposite side enough to cancel the flasher without turning on the other one. People couldn't figure out where the heck I was going!
laugh.gif
LOl i did that too.Didnt know i could cancel it simply by pushing down.Funny now that i think about it

laugh.gif
I take it the busa was your first sport bike?

do the sangi mirror mod..you will never FORGET TO TURN OFF YOUR BLINKERS AGAIN...and hey they look cool

I don't quite understand how people "forget" to cut their blinker off.  Sure we have a million other things to think about and be aware of but just add "is my blinker on" to the list.

Have you ever ridden w/ someone that has forgotten to kill their blinker?  That is so annoying.  My friends and I will ride and whoever is leading will decide where we're going.  Following one of them w/ their blinker on is a pain.  Make a conscience effort to remember your blinker.  It's really not that hard.  If you happen to ride w/ me and my blinker is on longer than necessary....feel free to smack me upside the head.  (keep in mind I'll return the favor when yours is on longer than necessary too)
smile.gif
I had a bike with self cancelling blinkers for a few years....man was that sweet, but it kinda spoils you, you just hit the switch to turn and forget about it. They oughta do that on all bikes. Prolly be a good safety move.

do the sangi mirror mod..you will never FORGET TO TURN OFF YOUR BLINKERS AGAIN...and hey they look cool
I've got my pattern for things to do when riding the bike, but occasionally everyone will forget to turn the signal off. Same thing can happen in a cage. Certainly don't miss them with this mod.

smile.gif
<span style='color:blue'>I thought that too! I choose not to use the signal unless its a confusing situation! Even though i hate the oh sh!!t my sig has been for how long and try to not do it, it still happens!!!</span>
rock.gif

I am simply passing on some info...don't blast me!  Wonder if I could hear them over my 2 Bros?

Ever glance down at your instrument cluster only to discover that you’ve been riding along with your blinker on long after you needed it? This can be dangerous because other motorists think that you are going to make a turn and often feel free to turn in front of you.  

You can’t hear the blinker relay clicking on a bike like you can in a car, so we need a more audible signal to remind us to turn off the blinker.  This can be easily remedied using a neat little buzzer that you can pick up at your local Radio Shack store (part number 273-059 $3.29).  Radio Shack actually has several 12-volt buzzers that would work with different decibel levels, but we chose this one because it’s tiny (about the size of a quarter) and it will work on both 6 and 12 volt wiring systems that are common to motorcycles and automobiles. The buzzer (actually a beeper) only has two wires that we need to connect.  We want to connect the beeper’s black wire to your blinker’s ground wire.  The beeper’s red wire will connect to the power wire to the blinkers.   If you are not sure which wire is what, -simply try them one way and if the beeper doesn’t beep when you turn on the blinker then swap the beeper wires.

This method requires 2 beepers.  Make sure your ignition key is turned off. Choose your front or rear blinkers, find their wires and attach the beeper wires to the blinker wires and plug them back in, attaching one beeper for the left blinker, and one for the right. You may have to trim back some of the blinker wire’s insulation to get some bare wire to connect the beeper wires to.  You can solder the beeper wires to the blinker wires, but I chose to just tape the wires together so it’s easy to replace a beeper later if needed. Be sure to adequately cover any exposed wire with electrical tape.  Position the actual beepers where you can hear them and use some double-stick foam tape or silicone glue to secure them with the beeper hole exposed. I taped mine to the wiring loom with electrical tape.  Be sure to put them in a spot where water can’t get to them.

Now try them out!  Take a test ride and make sure you have placed them in a spot where you can hear them in traffic.  Drive safe!
Thanks for sharing the idea and source for parts. I am sure there is somebody on the board that will find it useful. I find it rather annoying when people leave them on as well. I have two friends that are chronic "blinkerleaveroners" Perhaps they'll wake up ine day and this will be installed on their scoots
tounge.gif

Back