Think I might have wrong Scorpio factory connector

The Big Red One

Registered
I ordered the SUZ-1 factory connector kit for my gen 1 busa and suspect I may have been sent the wrong one. Mine came with 2 3-prong white connectors for the tail light plug, and 2 grey wires with the spade type wiretap connectors for the blinkers. I thought this was a plug in kit? Do I have to splice into my blinker wires? Any feedback from scorpio owners is greatly appreciated
winkold.gif
smile.gif

Yes you have to tap the blinker wires... to have them flash. The other plugs are used in line with the tail light.

Yes you have to tap the blinker wires... to have them flash. The other plugs are used in line with the tail light.
+1

The blinking taillights I guess is optional. If you want them to flash you must splice.

I spliced into the wire from the blinker itself and not the wiring harness. There is a connection point between the two, just splice after the connector. That way the wiring harness for the bike is left uneffected.

Thanks guys, I guess I have the right kit after all
winkold.gif
I wonder if I need to hook up the blinkers for the system to work right? Not too keen on breaching any wires for long term reliability
wowold.gif
I had the connector kit from a previous alarm I eneded up installing on another bike. I haven't ordered a Scorpio for the busa yet, and I might go another route....we'll see
winkold.gif
Thanks for the feedback tho
ThumbsUp.gif

winkold.gif

No. you only need to hook up the signals if you want them to blink when alarm activates. If not, just cover up the ends so they don't short out on anything and you'll be fine.  
cool.gif

I spliced my turn sigs to use aftermarket ones and just put the T-tap on the wire from them.

Back