Bazzaz Z-Fi need help!

pabs

Registered
I bought the z-fi and i cant get ahold of anyone at bazzaz. my quesion is that it says it comes with preloaded maps for stock exhaust and slip on's, so how do i know which map im running? i hooked it up to my laptop and i cant load a map and the map screen is blank. where can i download a map? i dont have this all hooked up in the bike yet, could that be part of the problem? any insight would be great!

The Bazzaz i've seen cam with no map. Install you software from the CD that came with the unit and then go to their site and download the MAP(s) taht you want to folder on your computer. After you do that open the Bazzaz program and hook up your Bazzaz box via the USB cable.

On the bottom you will see a "load fuel map" icon. click on that and find the MAP on your computer that you donloaded and open it. Next step is to send it to the unit and your done.

Link to the Bazzaz MAP site.

http://www.bazzaz.net/bz1/index.php?option=com_jumi&fileid=4&Itemid=212

If you ordered direct from Bazzaz it should come with a stock and a slip on map. As the other guy said the web site has maps. When you hook up the Bazzaz to your CP it should read what map your running in the comment box. If its not un hook the eliminator(lil white connector close to your box) and itll read the other map. If not then take it to a dealer they will know what to do.

i got the map downloaded and installed in the z-fi. when i hook it up the the laptop it says slip on map in the comment box and all the + and - numbers show up now for all the rpms. so i think im good to go im installing everything today so we shall see what happens. i am running a k&n and voodoo pipes.

Jason, here is what Ron at Bazzaz says :

Looks like some of your members at Hayabusa.org have given some pretty accurate assistance to “pabs”.

Our control units are capable of storing two maps which can be selected at any time.

We preprogram a generic slip-on map into map one and leave map two blank. Since our fuel management systems are of the piggyback style, by not making any changes in map two ( leaving it blank ) the bike will run on the fuel map within the factory Suzuki ECU (stock).

We do allow users download our generic slip-on maps from the website.

A commonly asked question is why only slip-on maps and why not by brand?

Our response: Adding a slip-on exhaust is the most common modification for those purchasing a new sportbike ( I know Hayabusa owners are a slightly different breed being even more performance oriented than most) and repeated dyno tests have shown that regardless of brand, most slip-on exhaust systems have very similar results and do not require brand specific fuel maps to achieve a high state of tune. We believe that for owners of vehicles with more extensive modifications a custom fuel map should be created by either using our Z-AFM or tuning the vehicle on the dyno for best results.

How does this fuel controller compare to the Power Commander for slight mods such as airbox exhaust race filter

Back