Bazzaz Installed(PICS)!!!

Kotc, or anyone else that knows........ whats with the "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6" in the software screen? I noticed you can change the values(percentages). You can put negative or positive percentages in per gear.....but what does this do to/affect the Map? Thanks

Fuel trim per gear change. You can add or remove fuel per gear. The way I use it is, I make a pass, add fuel and see if my MPH goes up or down or take away fuel to see if my MPH changes to see what is working that day for me depending on weather and track conditions.

Even if the PCV will do 250% on the primary inj.?

That is better(more so for NA engines), but even if the PC5 will do 250% @ what point will the primary injectors be maxxed out? And remember, when the secondary injectors fire @ 7500rpm's(i think its 7500)the primary's will cut themselves in HALF, nothing you can do about this :banghead: This is why most running PC's(that are using turbo or spraying)are installing a 2nd PC.

Fuel trim per gear change. You can add or remove fuel per gear. The way I use it is, I make a pass, add fuel and see if my MPH goes up or down or take away fuel to see if my MPH changes to see what is working that day for me depending on weather and track conditions.

Ok, but what gear are you making the changes to, just one at a time or all of them? Just so im clear on this, when i make a "fuel trim" change to say 5th gear, this change(%)will affect the "ENTIRE" map values by that percentage for only 5th gear ??? is this correct?

BTW, is there like an in depth user manual for the bazzaz i can get some where? Like on the PC3 there was a section on the CD-ROM for this. The only thing that came in my bazzaz box was an installation instruction sheet and the main software CD. Thanks again bro :beerchug:

That is better(more so for NA engines), but even if the PC5 will do 250% @ what point will the primary injectors be maxxed out? And remember, when the secondary injectors fire @ 7500rpm's(i think its 7500)the primary's will cut themselves in HALF, nothing you can do about this :banghead: This is why most running PC's(that are using turbo or spraying)are installing a 2nd PC.
Thanks for the info, I see what you mean. I've heard there are some bugs in the Bazzaz, have heard or found any?

The biggest difference is the bazzaz will control all 8 injectors on the Gen2, and the PC will not. This is almost a must have feature for running spray or turbo.

I hook my Power Commander (PCIII USB) to the secondary injectors (not the primaries), and have plenty of dynamic range for Nitrous. The PCIII also has gear specific (or speed specific) mapping. I think its a huge disapointment that the PCV didn't come out with anything more like the Bazzaz, BUT, they are usable. The PCIII also supports map switching and autoshift, so they aren't complete junk.

Thanks for the info, I see what you mean. I've heard there are some bugs in the Bazzaz, have heard or found any?

Have not found any yet, i took a 130 mile ride yesterday(all country roads, for anyone who lives around here Escoln bellota rd to HWY 26)and......well letz put it this way, i found no problems to about 170mph(did this a few times):whistle: I tried to MAKE the bike spit, stall, stutter, and was as smooth as silk. So by the butt-o-meter....the bazzaz ROCKS!!! Now the real test will be the dyno! So i will update with any new results :beerchug:

Just so im clear on this, when i make a "fuel trim" change to say 5th gear, this change(%)will affect the "ENTIRE" map values by that percentage for only 5th gear ??? is this correct?

BTW, is there like an in depth user manual for the bazzaz i can get some where? Like on the PC3 there was a section on the CD-ROM for this. The only thing that came in my bazzaz box was an installation instruction sheet and the main software CD. Thanks again bro :beerchug:

correct! The percentage will effects the entire fuel map in that specific gear.

Nope no indepth nothin' from Bazzaz

I hook my Power Commander (PCIII USB) to the secondary injectors (not the primaries), and have plenty of dynamic range for Nitrous. The PCIII also has gear specific (or speed specific) mapping. I think its a huge disapointment that the PCV didn't come out with anything more like the Bazzaz, BUT, they are usable. The PCIII also supports map switching and autoshift, so they aren't complete junk.

No no no, i think some people might have misunderstood me or maybe i gave the wrong impression(my apologies if i did), i in NO WAY think the PC's are "JUNK". My only complaint was that it did not do what I needed, control the 2nd injectors also and did not want have to buy a second PC to do this. I like dyno-jet they have some very cool features, i eventually wanted to get there LCD screen, fact is thats kinda why i waited as long as i did to switch, i talked with dyno-jet back in Nov and they TOLD ME, "they where going to be releasing a NEW pc @ the beginning of 09 that would do everything the bazzaz does", hence the PCV, but as i stated it still will not do both fuel rails. I in NO WAY think there junk, just didnt do what i needed. :beerchug:

BTW, you said you have your PC hooked up to the secondary injectors(ONLY?) How does this work, reason i ask is the secondaries dont even come into play untill 7500rpms, how well does the motor run below this rpm range? Maybe i should have tried this? Please explain :please:

correct! The percentage will effects the entire fuel map in that specific gear.

Nope no indepth nothin' from Bazzaz

Cool, thats kinda what i figured on the fuel trim, thank you.

Wow, no info huh......well that SUCKS :banghead: Maybe i will call there tech support today and see if there's anything they can send me, at the very least i will pick there brains some?

OK this is getting interesting, I'm want to spray but I want to know what's the beat system to go with, from start to finish. I know everybody has their opinion but is there any common ground? I also was wondering if I should wait and see if they crack the 08 ecu.

BTW, you said you have your PC hooked up to the secondary injectors(ONLY?) How does this work, reason i ask is the secondaries dont even come into play untill 7500rpms, how well does the motor run below this rpm range? Maybe i should have tried this? Please explain :please:

I don't think I ever run the bike below 7500 rpm.:laugh:Seriously!
The small amount of mapping below that RPM is insignificant for what I do with this bike, and yes, I run mine on the street all the time.

You should never be spraying that low anyway, plus I never spray in first.

Back