Battlefield 3 vs Call of Duty?

BlueHaya I'm curious how your sig applies to video games?
How many muscles does it take to perfectly squeeze the trigger on a Ps3?

:laugh:

BlueHaya I'm curious how your sig applies to video games?
How many muscles does it take to perfectly squeeze the trigger on a Ps3?

:laugh:
:laugh: more than 3. I have a rifle I use on my Wii shooting games. I will have to learn the PS3 all over again

all the fun you guys are having has pushed me to get another game console. I have a Wii in the living room and mainly use it for Netflix and the kids play a few games on it.

But I just ordered me a Playstation 3 for my room. As soon as I get it I will try to hook up with you guys and you can use me for bait until I know how to work it.:laugh:

Good luck. I feel good when I get three kills. Usually get killed about 15 times. They should have maps that are just for new people and kicks you out once you reach a certain level.

I spend more time spawning and running back to the battle than I do fighting.

Wowzers! Been offline for a few days. Just signed in and see I have to download a ps3 system update as well as a 758mb bf3 update. Dang! Ps3 you can use USB and get it done faster but bf3 is only thru console you play on :(.

So is anyone gonna get the expansion pack :)

Oh man these new maps look cool!

I got the "limited edition" version for the same price but it included the expansion packs that are supposed to be released tomorrow. I asked the guy, what's the difference...they're the same price. One included the updates for free and the other did not. You know which one I chose

I see on the video you posted it does say the 6th...I played last night and I thought for sure it said available on the 8th.

I'll have to download it tonight and check it out

What modes have you been playing? I was caught up in the whole Conquest thing until the last few days and have been playing Squad DM

I've just been playing 'quick match' where it's random.
Maybe it's me but it seems that in Team Death Match there aren't any vehicles or planes?
I love soaring around in the Warthog or FrogJet, swooping in and ratatatatataatatat! :)

To me Team DM seemed to be too small a map with a 50/50 split. I tried the Squad DM which devides the people up into 4 teams instead of 2 and gives you a few more targets to shoot at...but makes you a target for more people also :laugh:

I like to switch off every now and then, but get used to a mode before changing to another...

I was just sitting here thinking to myself...How in the world would those maps have been too small, and I came to the conclusion that I played TDM before I was used to what was going on in the game and I'd be willing to bet I was spawning in on squad members right in the heat of the kill zones and therefore got wiped out in 2 seconds every spawn.

I'll have to try TDM again soon and bet the experience would be different.

When your playing the other modes like rush and conquest you can pick your spawn points and come in away from the fight. In deathmatch you just spawn wherever and it is right in the middle of it.

Actually, Squad DM lets you spawn on in on your team.

Now THIS looks like a squad with a plan. Can't hear it so hope the language is ok.

Blanca mentioned earlier about the orange icons above himself or the enemy giving the position away. I thought I figured it out and they appear while the enemy is engaging or being engaged. I found last night that was not so, because an enemy ran right below me while I had my sites on him the entire time. Even while I was shooting and killed him the orange icons never appeared.

So, is this one of the perks you can put on your soldier such as camo? Is there a perk you can add that eliminates this massive position giver?

Outlaw I think icons appear when you are aiming down your sights or they are.
When running you can't do that so that's why he ran in front of you and no icon appeared.

I think :)

HHmmm, interesting.

Can you bring your PS3 over tonight so we can test out some theoretical situations? :thumbsup:

I'm a little late...just climbed out of bed and got your invitation.

I do plan to catch up with some of you in the game, but tell you the truth my playing in this game is down right embarassing sometimes.

I'n COD I could be pretty competetive and win my fair share of fist fights, but in BF i get my but kicked, chewed, spit out, glued back together, and kicked again. ???

It's getting a bit better though. Last couple days I think I had more kills than deaths so that's a huge victory for me.

It's a completely different mind set. Cod is just fast paced running around. Bf is very tactical. You have to plan many moves in advance and utilize the vehicles. Drive up in a tank fire a few rounds to scatter everybody and jump out. I also like to parachute out of the helicopters and land on top of the buildings.

I average about 5 kills a round. Not too good either but I still enjoy it more than cod, you can eat Oreos and play at same time.

Back