Dreaming of fields...

04lebusa

Registered
In my dream... I enter a railroad yard field from my youth, as I pass my childhood friends bodies laying in the dirt path that leads to the field that have gone before me. I remember everyone of them as they were in their youth, young, healthy and full of life. Not what has taken them- AML(leukemia), non hodgkins lymphoma, and laid waste to their bodies. Now most of the remaining ones are already on the battlefield, fighting. As I reach the the field I feel the cold morning air and see my breath in the mist. I smell the grass and the small swamp where we would catch tadpoles as children. I have entered the field of battle... alone. My enemy is afraid to show his face, so he remains invisible, but I can feel him there...waiting. His name is cancer. Standing alone in the field I yell to him with fury. You must have forgoten my name! You must have forgoten who I am! I am the strongest, and meanist S.O.B. that ever walked this on this field! I am going to lay waste to you! I am going to beat you down and drag your bloody carcass around this field until there is nothing left to drag! I can see my family waiting on the hill in the distance for my return. I can feel them in my thoughts like they were beside me. I have the strength of mind and body to win this battle so I hope you are prepared to die. I will show no mercy, no Quarter. There is no other way off this field except over your dead carcass. I started chemo yesterday, my weapon on this field of battle. Then I hear my sons voice faintly across the field " daddy - daddy" I wake up to my two year old son standing there beside me with a huge smile because he needs a diaper change. I must go and tend to him now but I'm going to return to the field of battle again tonight, in my dreams. And I will once again be victorious...

Fight the battle with determination.....the same with changing the poopie diaper! It's something you have to do! Hang in there and be strong!!

That smile from your son can be a very strong weapon on the battle field. Hold on to it. Prayers sent for a full recovery!

That is something no one should have to go through although many do. My farther and my brother both had colon cancer. Both had to have a bag put on them and they both beat this thing called cancer. I watched my brother go through his chemo and it was terrible. I was their for him just like your family is their for you. Hold on to your sons smile it will help with everything. I will pray for you and as strong as you sound you will beat this thing. God bless you.

Back