Battery Died!!!

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey everybody, I parked the bike and never rode it for about a month and a half, maybe a little longer, and went to take it for a rip and the batt was dead. I boosted it and everything seemed fine, I never rode it for about a week and the damb thing was dead again. Has this happened to any of you guys, should I install a toggle switch to shut the power off the to gear indicator? Also, is it now time to get a new batt??

i also noticed after the gi install the batt goes down. i always keep it on a tender if not rideing for a couple days

I think this was my problem! I bought a bigger batery 235CCA. I even thought it was my starter clutch. And I concluded it was my GIpro sucking down the juices. So I keep it on a tender!!! My 2 cents!!!!

Same problem here, I used to ride all year round but recently d/t the addition of my son in my house during the last 3 years, riding time has been cut into 1/10s :rulez:

anyone got any idea how much juice does the GIPRO suck?Whats a battery tender?

battery tender is a trickle type charger. it keeps the battery fully charged. it shuts itself off when the battery no longer needs charging and comes on when it does. walmart has them for around 20 bucks.

dont have a clue on the gear indicator pulling juice, i run one but have not had that problem. if you unhook it and the battery keeps going down i would say it is a stator problem.

Re: Battery Died!!!

anyone got any idea how much juice does the GIPRO suck?

GLPro needs 3,6 mA in standby mode (ignition off), and about 85 mA when in use

that means:

- 86.4 mAh a day
- 604.8 mAh a week
- about 2500 mAh a month

the busa itself takes about 5-10 mA (clock, speedo,...)

that means about additional 3000-5000 mAh a month

in result, the consumption while standing in the gararge can reach more than 5000 mAh (5 Ah) a month. this is half the capacity of the busas battery (10 Ah). six weeks may be enough to result in a dead battery or at least starting problems. had that problem, too. and cause i installed some additional elektrical systems (quickshifter, widebandcommander, GPS and other stuff), i decided to do this: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-mods/100788-battery-mod.html

Last edited:
it is time to replace my battery as well, just wondering when I disconnect the battery will I have to remap my PC3 or will it hold the settings? Just curious.

Back