Another Battery post

C_Henry

Registered
My bike has been in my shed for a couple of days. The last time i rode, i had no starting issues. The other day i went over to get it out for a ride, and it started fine . We then took a 10min ride around tha blocks. Stopped in to fill her up, and then it would'nt crank. It turned over , but didn't have enough to start.
My question to you is , is tha battery dead and gone and i just need another batt ? Or do i just trickle charge it for a while and that will bring it back ?
I also should add, this is the original batt . And i have a 1397 engine.

2-3 year old battery on a 1397.. I'd guess it is done. I'd consider a YTZ14s.

I'd say its toast too . Don't most people with a 1397 do a duel Battery ?

2-3 year old battery on a 1397.. I'd guess it is done. I'd consider a YTZ14s.
Yea, I've done a search on this and i think everybody is about 50/50 on tha 14. I may just take my chances wit another stk battery , and save a bit now.
I think there were a few defects out there at one time. I talked to two people selling them that had a complaint before I bought mine early in the year. They do have more cranking power. They are also the factory battery in a few Hondas. (ST1300 for one).

Charles Dropped shipped mine so it was fresh for sure!

if in doubt, charge it and then take the battery to a stealership to load test it to check for a bad cell. I got my battery at batteries plus... about half of what the stealership quoted me.

Back