Battery problems

busafng

Registered
Hello all,
Was wondering if the Hayabusa was prone to having shorts that create dead batteries. Went to move my bike after a 2 week lull in riding, click, click, whirr, no start. Fine, go home and put it on the battery tender and recharge the battery. Next day install it at lunch, go back at 5 to crank it, dead battery again. Left the start switch on so figured that one was my fault. Recharge the battery again overnight and put it in at lunch. Back at 5 next day. Dead. Do batteries suddenly croak like this or should I suspect my bike? The battery is about 4 mos. old. Thanks for any help.
busafng

Batteries do just suddenly croak. Which sounds like the case here. If the bike wasn't ridden in between charges there's not much of a chance that there's an open circuit somewhere,and no chance that its being drained by a reg/rec problem.

Sounds like a toasted batt. Remove from bike,charge and test to be sure.

RSD. (moved to tech)

Thanks for the reply Rubba. And for telling me it got moved to tech. Thought I was getting dissed for a sec. when I couldn't find my post. Maybe its a dumb newbie kinda question but if my baby don't run I need answers!!
busafng

I just got a new battery the ytz14s 230 cca for $50 shipped

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146086922 -->

Busa batteries are notorious for going bad,mine was dead the day I went to pick the bike up from the dealer (brand new) Had em replace it with a new one.:)

Is the 235 Yuasa(sp) battery OK to put in? Its stock size but much greater cranking amps. Wondering if that might stress the electronics somehow. Who did you get that battery from for $50? Thanks.
Busafng

rock.gif

Back